Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Canopy Nudging

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, ardbealach said:

Thank you for that most useful information in these most difficult times.

6 feet clearance is mentioned - is that 24mm clearance in 4mm gauge and 42mm in 0 gauge?  (AM) 

You will need a Modelu figure of Peter Crouch or Richard Osman in the appropriate scale....that appears to be the emerging SI unit for separation..

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, ardbealach said:

6 feet clearance is mentioned - is that 24mm clearance in 4mm gauge and 42mm in 0 gauge?  (AM) 

Good question. I think the answer depends on your size. If you are 24mm then your canopy is rather small and difficult to see, so nudging will always have been a problem, but if you are 42mm then your canopy will still need a degree of concentration applied before you approach it, albeit less magnified.

Whatever 6 feet means to you, just stay away.

The

3 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Whatever 6 feet means to you, just stay away.

But I only have two feet - the last time I had when I looked down.  Do I have to find two friends to make up the 6 feet? And what about Long John Silver? (AM)

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I see that there is still a canopy nudger work. This looks to be a rather extreme case:

Canopy nudging for real!

Only just noticed this topic but....

My old man worked in Leeds as a freight manager during the 70s and 80s.

One of his office's duties was to organise engineering trains' routeing and loading for weekend possessions.

Apparently you needed an encyclopaedic knowledge of the West Riding railway system to get the right kit to the right place at the right time.

All usually went well but one Monday morning he was called into the boss's office,

"Well Donald what happened to Cudworth's canopy on Sunday?"

Some idiot, it seemed, had not followed the loading/routeing instructions and had managed to demolish the aforesaid canopy as the train passed by.

Having joined the railways later in life, after giving up on teaching, I have a fund of similar experiences having dealt with the engineers too often!

Ian T

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3