Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Canopy Nudging

• Moderators

I always relish the chance to have a completely pointless conversation with an incredibly intelligent person. I think I may be in the right place for such.

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I always relish the chance to have a completely pointless conversation with an incredibly intelligent person. I think I may be in the right place for such.

You talking to yourself again Andy ?     :mocking_mini:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Bloody good show, Andy!

4e866d16614cc04eb8a51f3f54871bc4-01.jpeg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I do, too. Tell me where, now! I need to be there as well.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Stubby47 said:

I notice Andy's only said that since I joined the conversation.

Just saying.

Quite a few other things have happened since you joined the conversation. Are you wanting to be associated with all of them? Or are you one of these people who pick the juicy bits and discard the remainder, hoping someone else will collect them and remove all trace of the link back to you?

Just asking.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Stubby47 said:

I notice Andy's only said that since I joined the conversation.

Just saying.

9ea7cab64f5df0b801c1be5ce47efc58.jpg

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Mick Bonwick said:

Quite a few other things have happened since you joined the conversation. Are you wanting to be associated with all of them? Or are you one of these people who pick the juicy bits and discard the remainder, hoping someone else will collect them and remove all trace of the link back to you?

Just asking.

Yes, of course I am.

And to make the best of this ability, next week I'm going into politics.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Stubby47 said:

Yes, of course I am.

And to make the best of this ability, next week I'm going into politics.

f34122185a66caf3ee089a65c1d9ad26.jpg

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, AY Mod said:

I'm struggling with where you get the idea that anyone around here is incredibly intelligent:crazy:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Rugd1022 said:

Deary me, twelve pages in and not a mention of, well, you know what I mean... ;)

What you may not realise is that this thread was borne out of another. The original thread did contain this reference:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/120848-little-muddle/page/183/#comment-3610538

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Rugd1022 said:

I must have missed it.... or nudged straight past it without so much as a sideways glance... ;)

Compton Pauncefoot 

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I witnessed a severe case of canopy nudging yesterday. I had forgotten to take my camera with me to the site of the event, but it happened, really it did. The practitioner is quite well known to readers of this forum and has owned up to some fairly typical examples of the art in the past. Let's see if anybody can guess who it might be . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• Moderators

I believe there was a degree of entrapment in this case whereby two parts of a structure which had limited contact surfaces had been placed in a prominent position and unaffixed to said layout. I am kicking myself in hindsight that I did not spot this obvious booby trap and the whole substructure fell apart akin to the bits flying off a clown's car. I also find it remarkably opportune that Oberwachtmeister Bonwick of Der Nudgenpolizei chose that very moment to walk through the door catching me red-faced and obviously guilty. He's ever watchful and later determined (Minority Report style) that I was guilty of an offence by having an elbow within the arc of potential damage to a signal post - an advisory notice was handed out.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I believe there was a degree of entrapment in this case whereby two parts of a structure which had limited contact surfaces had been placed in a prominent position and unaffixed to said layout. I am kicking myself in hindsight that I did not spot this obvious booby trap and the whole substructure fell apart akin to the bits flying off a clown's car. I also find it remarkably opportune that Oberwachtmeister Bonwick of Der Nudgenpolizei chose that very moment to walk through the door catching me red-faced and obviously guilty. He's ever watchful and later determined (Minority Report style) that I was guilty of an offence by having an elbow within the arc of potential damage to a signal post - an advisory notice was handed out.

Ah! 

A classic example of the Bonwick Manoeuvre which the York Deflection failed to counter on this occasion. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

11 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Ah! 

A classic example of the Bonwick Manoeuvre which the York Deflection failed to counter on this occasion. 

The Bonwick Manoeuvre is much prized by the aficionado of nudger-trapping. The delicate interplay of scenery, trapper and nudger beats football any day

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1