DJmodels crowdfunders data.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold

There has been much discussion on the  DJmodels statement of affairs thread regarding trying to get a handle on how much crowdfunders paid over in total. I suggested the crowdfunders say on RMweb how much they paid and it was suggested that I start a separate thread, so here it is.

This thread is for data only so please no discussion. All discussion can be on the Statement of affairs thread.

This is purely voluntary and since not everyone will want to post on this thread, or even know about it, the figures will probably be understated but it would give an idea how much at a minimum crowdfunders total should be in tne statement of affairs.

I'll start it off in the next post.

Or if you are happy with spreadsheet it would help if you added your payment there.

Spreadsheet attached as prepared by njee20

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AGhG07LBdEIA9XwL2AIEN-RKuJ1LvpRaWLPPKADc4fM/edit?usp=drivesdk

Edited by Colin_McLeod
To add spreadsheet
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

I've set up a Google sheet to capture this, it's public, so anyone should be able to edit this without any sort of login or anything, probably a better place to capture it than people replying individually (and if it's wanted feel free to add it to the OP Colin):

Here

Link to share: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AGhG07LBdEIA9XwL2AIEN-RKuJ1LvpRaWLPPKADc4fM/edit#gid=0

Have added the submissions already made. No 'skin in the game', just bored and work and I like spreadsheets :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, njee20 said:

I've set up a Google sheet to capture this, it's public, so anyone should be able to edit this without any sort of login or anything, probably a better place to capture it than people replying individually (and if it's wanted feel free to add it to the OP Colin):

Here

Link to share: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AGhG07LBdEIA9XwL2AIEN-RKuJ1LvpRaWLPPKADc4fM/edit#gid=0

Have added the submissions already made. No 'skin in the game', just bored and work and I like spreadsheets :)

Added my miserable contribution (contribution to the thread that is,).

I assume there is no 'Save' button on Google Docs, anything added is automatically saved. I've only seen my daughter use it.

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

Added my miserable contribution (contribution to the thread that is,).

I assume there is no 'Save' button on Google Docs, anything added is automatically saved. I've only seen my daughter use it.

Correct - it just saves automatically, and should auto update for other users too if two people are editing simultaneously.

• Thanks 1

Just a thought- are you the right side of Data Protection legislation in asking for this and displaying the information so anyone can see it by clicking a link?

If not the penalties are potentially horrendous....

Les

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Les1952 said:

Just a thought- are you the right side of Data Protection legislation in asking for this and displaying the information so anyone can see it by clicking a link?

If not the penalties are potentially horrendous....

Les

As long as everyone puts their own info in there's no problem. It's only the same as posting it on here.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Yep - I'm not trawling looking for information to share which people haven't consented to - it's just a repository for people to put their own information, because a thread (and I'll probably share it on the N Gauge Forum too) is a bit of an unwieldy way to capture the information.

That said, it's also not sufficient to provide to the liquidators, as there's no contact information, but I imagine a lot of people won't want to share their contact details openly, and I'm not going to suggest I collect them, I just created the spreadsheet!

Edited by njee20
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, njee20 said:

Yep - I'm not trawling looking for information to share which people haven't consented to - it's just a repository for people to put their own information, because a thread (and I'll probably share it on the N Gauge Forum too) is a bit of an unwieldy way to capture the information.

You might need people's permission to share it on the N Gauge Forum if they submitted it on the basis that it would just be on this Forum.

• RMweb Gold

As for contact details individuals can register directly with the liquidators by 

contacting 

stephanie.adams@cg-recovery.com

She will send you the 'letter to creditors' and a simple form to fill in to register as a creditor.  When replying send some proof that you paid DJmodels.  You should have an e mail confirmation of payment from DJM which conveniently states that it is for an APT/King/92 as appropriate.

• Like 2

Hi All

I placed Two Orders for the APT OO-Gauge

Order One, 3x14-Car and 1x10-Car = £980.96 for First Deposit Paid.

Order Two, 1x7Black & 1x7Yellow = 374.98 for the Second Deposit Paid.

Grand Total Paid £1355.94 for all 6 APT's in OO Gauge.

Thank You Colin for the Information and your PM, your a star mate.

Oh and my details are now added in to the Excel File, Thanks

Regards

Jamie

Edited by 7APT7
  • Friendly/supportive 12

{[My details added for 2 OO class 92, my invoices 0491 October 2016 and 0612 January 2017, if these order numbers are to be believed he had at least 612 orders by January 2017 . Or are some of these so called orders no deposits, if not He had received £18,360 by early 2017, also he never told us truthfully any costings or what he was doing with the above Deposits. Infact I was unable to view his website because I had been a "late" crowdfunder, but I would be "privileged" to be able to gain access after a second "Crowdfunded deposit", but by this time 2018 I had decided I would not be paying anymore money to him.

I have sent my details to the liquidators as I was one of those who paid via PayPal and was not refunded these payments.{I have already given details in an earlier post about PayPals  non reaction to this, and the subsequent payment by Bank  Account.

3 hours ago, brittannia said:

{[My details added for 2 OO class 92, my invoices 0491 October 2016 and 0612 January 2017, if these order numbers are to be believed he had at least 612 orders by January 2017 . Or are some of these so called orders no deposits, if not He had received £18,360 by early 2017, also he never told us truthfully any costings or what he was doing with the above Deposits. Infact I was unable to view his website because I had been a "late" crowdfunder, but I would be "privileged" to be able to gain access after a second "Crowdfunded deposit", but by this time 2018 I had decided I would not be paying anymore money to him.

I have sent my details to the liquidators as I was one of those who paid via PayPal and was not refunded these payments.{I have already given details in an earlier post about PayPals  non reaction to this, and the subsequent payment by Bank  Account.

Quite possibly the invoice numbers mean "all orders to DJM, for anything" , not just the Class 92 in OO. I fear Dave Jones may not have been sufficiently organised to maintain seperate invoice series for different projects

• RMweb Premium

It would be wholly unnecessary too frankly. 612 orders is probably about right given each retail order is going to be 1 invoice. I can't imagine for 1 second he had 612 pre-orders for OO gauge 92s.

Edited by njee20

But ... it's long been the practice for anyone with half a brain starting a new business to start numbering their invoices from any number greater than 1.  Makes it look like the business has been shifting more stuff than it actually has.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

OT: I placed a order not that long ago for something, I was order number 00000007 (I just checked the number of 0s); I was slightly perturbed to be quite so early, but also admired their ambition with that many 0s!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1