DJmodels crowdfunders data.

Colin_McLeod

13 hours ago, amwells said:

Very useful column. I see that some people have written PayPal, or PayPal so no refund option.

I paid via PayPal from my Barclaycard and Barclaycard refunded. Don’t give up, it’s worth asking your card provider even if PayPal themselves are not interested. 

I was also successful with Halifax via Paypal, but I don't think people will be successful if they paid with Paypal using an existing Paypal balance.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Mike Harvey said:

I have just changed back lines 16 to 46 to the previous figures. These were all changed at 15.00hrs today to £30, and possibly not by accident.

4 hours ago, Shiney Sheff said:

Looks like someone might be trying to stop the truth from coming out :o

That is a risk which is why every creditor should register with the liquidators.

Is everybody's input still on the spreadsheet? If the amount can be changed to £30 then lines can be deleted. However the spreadsheet saves every edit so anyone trying to sabotage it is wasting their time.

There is only a small number of creditors on the spreadsheet compared to the numbers in the hundreds that we believe were required for each project. Perhaps not everyone wants to or knows about it.

1 hour ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Is everybody's input still on the spreadsheet? If the amount can be changed to £30 then lines can be deleted. However the spreadsheet saves every edit so anyone trying to sabotage it is wasting their time.

Mine is still there. I think I was about the 5th person to add my meagre details.

Has someone just reordered one of the columns? Either by amount; or by 00 Class 92, then N King, then 00 APT.

Edited by Damo666
Typo
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Yep, at 9:01 on Monday night someone sorted by amount paid! It's all in the log, so don't worry about deletions etc.

I can't imagine the overwriting of data was malicious.

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, RP82 said:

Hi added my £90 for three OO class 92s. I payed by debit card via PayPal and i am unsure how to go about trying to clam.

Any tips guys?

Read the latter pages of this https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/145059-crowdfunding-reclaim-via-credit-card/ which discusses debit card chargebacks.

• Thanks 1

You will need to have the dates when you paid the deposits to DJModels,, also make sure you are adamant that you speak to somebody at the "Bank" understands the chargeback system also do mot forget to tell them that the claim starts from the Liquidation date .The letter from the Liquidators is 20 pages long via email.. Good Luck

Forgot to say the Bank officials in the main, do not understand the length of time it takes for Model Railway Manufacturers to produce a model,so you may have to "educate " them in ins and outs of ordering manufacture and possession of a model.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Spreadsheet seems to have settled at £8.25k.  This is a lot less than my gut feeling would have suggested.

What's everyone's opinion?  Is it worth sending this to the liquidators or could it be counter productive given the surprisingly low total?

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Spreadsheet seems to have settled at £8.25k.  This is a lot less than my gut feeling would have suggested.

What's everyone's opinion?  Is it worth sending this to the liquidators or could it be counter productive given the surprisingly low total?

Its still £8.25 k Colin , although like you I’m surprised at the low total . But I’d send it to the liquidators , after all it should rank with His (DJ) claim as a creditor as directors loan .   

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Interestingly I got a letter from Nationwide today explaining that they had managed to ‘recover the funds from the retailer’. Likely to be a template, and yes grateful for the refund, but why bother saying something that I would think highly unlikely. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, chris p bacon said:

I would cross reference it against the credit card reclaim thread as at first glance there are a lot on there who haven't filled this one out.

Chris I agree but I don't want to add any names to the spreadsheet.  GDPR and all that. 

Perhaps I can find a way of referring the threads to the liquidators.

On 11 July 2019 at 12:32, njee20 said:

Yes, definitely. It's one thread, on one forum, and the people who want to share their data, so it is inherently a small proportion of the reality.

Shame those who don't want to share don't just add their details half anonymously.

On 04/07/2019 at 13:56, njee20 said:

I've set up a Google sheet to capture this, it's public,

Link to share: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AGhG07LBdEIA9XwL2AIEN-RKuJ1LvpRaWLPPKADc4fM/edit#gid=0

:)

Just come across this - (must be plenty like me - occasional accessors !! )  Have entered my 2x Cl 92 deposits.

Thank you for that  - and progress ?? - well still negotiating with my C/C coy (having got a verbal brushoff - I went snail mail with masses of documentation - response was via "secure Email " !! asking for all the stuff I had sent them via snail mail - I await their response to my cross-referenced response with almost unbounded and eager anticipation :-) )

• Like 3