Jump to content

Recommended Posts

MRJ-lookout-3b.jpg.c383c174c35e3e158e0e690d8153ec84.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All very gnomic.

 

I feel one of these might be more useful...

 

Cerro-Tololo-sunset.jpg.317f50b0b78c1fad60075ca23f1536bb.jpg

 

:jester:

 

It'll be available sometime in July, I suspect!

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Popped into my local Smiffs (directly opposite where I work!) and they're telling me 19th July approx! 

 

There! We all feel better now!!:wub::drink_mini:

Edited by MartinWales
  • Informative/Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

What big bins, you have!

 

You should see the size of my flag pole.

 

Sland2006AS42-EditSm.jpg.dca79e26e7c5f816a0def569a77a4683.jpg

 

26 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Which carrier?

 

USS John C. Stennis

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My understanding is that 272 will be 2 weeks late. My friend also told me that Cygnet Magazines  no longer accept annual payments but only for 6 months ( four issues) at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

My understanding is that 272 will be 2 weeks late. My friend also told me that Cygnet Magazines  no longer accept annual payments but only for 6 months ( four issues) at a time.

 

Only 6 month subscriptions?  That’s going to increase my usage of cheques by 100%.  I’ll now need to order a replacement cheque book in 2031, and not 2044 as I had been planning...

  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MartinWales said:

Would'nt want to try and land that Hercules on it though...................

 

When you hit your balls for six, you should see the recovery procedure.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

 

When you hit your balls for six, you should see the recovery procedure.

 

The ultimate 6 and out?

Our low rent version was into somebodys back garden!

 

Mike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Our low rent version was into somebodys back garden!

 

So was mine and if you were very unlucky, a bill from the local glazier.*

 

* I was fortunate in that a glazier lived next door but one and the local Co-op (200 yds) sold glass, putty & linseed oil.

 

The hard bit was nicking somebody's bin lid to use as the wicket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, corneliuslundie said:

Issue 271 stated the change to six month subs.

Jonathan

 

My profound and sincere apologies for reading the articles and not the small print about something I thought I already had.  Whilst I was checking every other piece of text in the magazine to make sure I wouldn’t be in position to embarrass myself like that again, I noticed that the cover price has gone up to £5.20 starting from issue 271.  However, the good news is that technically this means I’m 80p up on this year’s subscription.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

 

So was mine and if you were very unlucky, a bill from the local glazier.*

 

* I was fortunate in that a glazier lived next door but one and the local Co-op (200 yds) sold glass, putty & linseed oil.

 

The hard bit was nicking somebody's bin lid to use as the wicket.

We used a lamppost for a wicket. On one occasion I hooked a full toss through a neighbour's window. As the window was open, my parents didn't get a bill from the glazier but they did get one for the broken crockery in the kitchen dresser. I don't think we got our ball back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

The hard bit was nicking somebody's bin lid to use as the wicket.

 

We must have been up market in S5 then, we had stumps, spare bat, balls and an old pair of Sheffield tram drivers gauntlets for the wicketkeeper!

 

Mike.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to apologise. It was pointed out to me.

Th worrying thing is that the reasons seems to be that the publisher is not sure how long the magazine will continue.

Jonathan

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In '77 whilst on holiday in Brittany we played cricket on the beach, we used sticks of french bread for the wicket held in place with eating irons stuck in the sand and a bit of drift wood for a bat and artichokes for the ball, we were lucky if we got one over per artichoke.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

In '77 whilst on holiday in Brittany we played cricket on the beach, we used sticks of french bread for the wicket held in place with eating irons stuck in the sand and a bit of drift wood for a bat and artichokes for the ball, we were lucky if we got one over per artichoke.

 

Better than eating them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Killybegs said:

We used a lamppost for a wicket.

 

"Lamposts"   Luxury!

 

For street lighting, we had to mek doo wi glow from ower ar$es after askin  oor fathers to give them a good tanning wi is belt.

  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, corneliuslundie said:

No need to apologise. It was pointed out to me.

Th worrying thing is that the reasons seems to be that the publisher is not sure how long the magazine will continue.

Jonathan

 

How do we know this ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read it somewhere on here. Another RMWebber had asked why only four issue subs and that was the gist of the response.

Of course, I can't now find it. Let's hope it isn't true.

Jonathan

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, corneliuslundie said:

I read it somewhere on here. Another RMWebber had asked why only four issue subs and that was the gist of the response.

Of course, I can't now find it. Let's hope it isn't true.

Jonathan

 

I had noted printed requests for readers to recommend the publishers' range to fellow modellers.

 

I did wonder then if there were 'problems', and the reduction of the subscription duration only added to my concerns.

 

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

 

I had noted printed requests for readers to recommend the publishers' range to fellow modellers.

 

I did wonder then if there were 'problems', and the reduction of the subscription duration only added to my concerns.

 

Regards,

John Isherwood.

See this post from last issue's thread
 

 

Edited by Coombe Barton
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.