MRJ 272

NHY 581

25 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

What big bins, you have!

You should see the size of my flag pole.

Sland2006AS42-EditSm.jpg.dca79e26e7c5f816a0def569a77a4683.jpg

26 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Which carrier?

USS John C. Stennis

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

My understanding is that 272 will be 2 weeks late. My friend also told me that Cygnet Magazines  no longer accept annual payments but only for 6 months ( four issues) at a time.

Only 6 month subscriptions?  That’s going to increase my usage of cheques by 100%.  I’ll now need to order a replacement cheque book in 2031, and not 2044 as I had been planning...

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

20 minutes ago, MartinWales said:

Would'nt want to try and land that Hercules on it though...................

When you hit your balls for six, you should see the recovery procedure.

• Funny 1

1 minute ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Our low rent version was into somebodys back garden!

So was mine and if you were very unlucky, a bill from the local glazier.*

* I was fortunate in that a glazier lived next door but one and the local Co-op (200 yds) sold glass, putty & linseed oil.

The hard bit was nicking somebody's bin lid to use as the wicket.

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, corneliuslundie said:

Issue 271 stated the change to six month subs.

Jonathan

My profound and sincere apologies for reading the articles and not the small print about something I thought I already had.  Whilst I was checking every other piece of text in the magazine to make sure I wouldn’t be in position to embarrass myself like that again, I noticed that the cover price has gone up to £5.20 starting from issue 271.  However, the good news is that technically this means I’m 80p up on this year’s subscription.

2 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

So was mine and if you were very unlucky, a bill from the local glazier.*

* I was fortunate in that a glazier lived next door but one and the local Co-op (200 yds) sold glass, putty & linseed oil.

We used a lamppost for a wicket. On one occasion I hooked a full toss through a neighbour's window. As the window was open, my parents didn't get a bill from the glazier but they did get one for the broken crockery in the kitchen dresser. I don't think we got our ball back.

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

We must have been up market in S5 then, we had stumps, spare bat, balls and an old pair of Sheffield tram drivers gauntlets for the wicketkeeper!

Mike.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

In '77 whilst on holiday in Brittany we played cricket on the beach, we used sticks of french bread for the wicket held in place with eating irons stuck in the sand and a bit of drift wood for a bat and artichokes for the ball, we were lucky if we got one over per artichoke.

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

In '77 whilst on holiday in Brittany we played cricket on the beach, we used sticks of french bread for the wicket held in place with eating irons stuck in the sand and a bit of drift wood for a bat and artichokes for the ball, we were lucky if we got one over per artichoke.

Better than eating them...

16 hours ago, Killybegs said:

We used a lamppost for a wicket.

"Lamposts"   Luxury!

For street lighting, we had to mek doo wi glow from ower ar$es after askin  oor fathers to give them a good tanning wi is belt.

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, corneliuslundie said:

No need to apologise. It was pointed out to me.

Th worrying thing is that the reasons seems to be that the publisher is not sure how long the magazine will continue.

Jonathan

How do we know this ?

2 minutes ago, corneliuslundie said:

I read it somewhere on here. Another RMWebber had asked why only four issue subs and that was the gist of the response.

Of course, I can't now find it. Let's hope it isn't true.

Jonathan

I had noted printed requests for readers to recommend the publishers' range to fellow modellers.

I did wonder then if there were 'problems', and the reduction of the subscription duration only added to my concerns.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

18 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

I had noted printed requests for readers to recommend the publishers' range to fellow modellers.

I did wonder then if there were 'problems', and the reduction of the subscription duration only added to my concerns.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

See this post from last issue's thread

Edited by Coombe Barton
  • Thanks 1