All-new Heljan 47 in 00 gauge

Ouroborus

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

Looking forward to this one. Bachmann have sat on their hands for too long. Snooze ya lose! 

Well quite possibly so but do remember also that Heljan ‘s existing rendition sorely needs updating.In any case is the Bachmann version as bad as all that ? Surely it isn’t perfect we know.

One consequence might be a drop in retail price for it, over priced as it currently is...as is happening in the case of the 66 after Hattons announcement of their own model.

According to the release, the tools were not good enough for a re-release, so they chose to build on their work on the o guage version.  Which makes you think about some of their other o guage models.

As to its success, I'll guess we'll get some idea with how the Hattons 66 sells Vs the Bachmann model

• RMweb Gold

Well guess it was coming! Wonder if there will be seperate panels for the rad louvres and boiler ports rather than individual tooling?

Just done another 3 Bachmann ones - D1103, D1848 and D1987 - all serck but 3 boiler port variations. Still need a couple more for the fleet - D1781 in works currently - but think we will wait and see how these progress before doing any more.

Phil

Excellent news!!!

Another nice Class 47 to accompany my ViTrains and Hornby RailRoad Class 47s.

Thank you Heljan.

PS: can someone please amend the title??? I nearly started a thread altogether because I missed this. Companies like Heljan offer models in multiple scales. Please put a title like "Heljan Announce OO Gauge Class 47"

9 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

PS: can someone please amend the title??? I nearly started a thread altogether because I missed this. Companies like Heljan offer models in multiple scales. Please put a title like "Heljan Announce OO Gauge Class 47"

Sorted.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I expect Hornby are already digging out the Limby 47 tooling to do a massive release of popular livery models in the not too distant future on hearing about this!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

I expect Hornby are already digging out the Limby 47 tooling to do a massive release of popular livery models in the not too distant future on hearing about this!

I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a range planned for the 2020 catalogue, either that or class 37s off the back of the success of the class 66s this year. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

In any case is the Bachmann version as bad as all that ? Surely it isn’t perfect we know.

Starting with the early versions makes sense, because those are the worst of the Bachmann ones as they still after all these years have the rivets round the front cab windows, and the cab door window is the wrong shape. The later Bachmann versions are better, but can still be improved upon.

• RMweb Gold

I’m pleased to hear that Heljan are doing a OO Scale Class 47 and I take my hat off to Ben Jones.  Before I decide to order one, I’ll wait to see what the reaction is for their newly announced Class 45 and 86.

Edited by jools1959
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

Well guess it was coming! Wonder if there will be seperate panels for the rad louvres and boiler ports rather than individual tooling?

Just done another 3 Bachmann ones - D1103, D1848 and D1987 - all serck but 3 boiler port variations. Still need a couple more for the fleet - D1781 in works currently - but think we will wait and see how these progress before doing any more.

Phil

Hi Phil

I see on Faceache there is someone asking for a class 48 as well.......I don't need one I done that conversion.

It would be nice that the unique radiator grille of D1500 was considered and of course the cant rail grilles with less dividing bars found on D1500-1509 (47 401 to 410) is another option.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Yes thought of your efforts Clive when that came up - but what are the odds d'you think? Although Heljan have done plenty of other prototypes so perhaps shouldnt rule a class of 5 out!

And forgot about the first 20 so add that detail to the list - thanks for plugging my forgetfulness!

Phil

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Phil Bullock said:

Yes thought of your efforts Clive when that came up - but what are the odds d'you think? Although Heljan have done plenty of other prototypes so perhaps shouldnt rule a class of 5 out!

And forgot about the first 20 so add that detail to the list - thanks for plugging my forgetfulness!

Phil

Another variation Phil,

How about modelling the Serck grilles open as if the engine is under load, i.e. pulling a train. I get fed up with seeing class 47s coasting as they accelerate away from a station with 8 or more on the back.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Absolutely Clive! was so characteristic

Or wasnt our mutual friend Mr Dell looking at making that DCC controlled functionality?

Phil

Hi Phil

Andi was but not sure how much progress has been made.

• RMweb Gold

Plainly a trundle on the empty clayliner wasnt enough to open them

000055 cropped.jpg

As opposed to a thrash up the Lickey, even on a cold day....

000006.JPG

Edited by Phil Bullock
Sort format
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1