All-new Heljan 47 in 00 gauge

Ouroborus

I wouldn’t swap my pre new version blue box ones - ima cgually still happy with my 47035 from about 2005 ! That did take hacking around the bodies to change the obvious class 57 bits though , but my more recent one is also good.

If I got anymore it’d be the new Bachmann , but have to be well below £200 and the blue ones seem to consistently stay above that 

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, E100 said:

By itself it looks like a good class 47 from any reasonable distance but put a Bachmann 47 there and by comparison there's something not the same when there should be. People will therefore be somewhat inclined to stick with one example going forward and in many cases that will be the Bachmann example.

47s were quite squat, and ironically did look a bit tubby. As soon as I saw a head-on photo of the Heljan offering it looked “pinched” and too tall/thin, and that was without comparing it. 

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

47s were quite squat, and ironically did look a bit tubby. As soon as I saw a head-on photo of the Heljan offering it looked “pinched” and too tall/thin, and that was without comparing it. 

Roy

I did preface what I was saying with the below as I know there were some who noticed it straight from the off.

20 hours ago, E100 said:

I think the primary issue for many of us that don't necessary know a 47 inside and out (or even a few who do but can see past the issues) is that a lot already have a recent Bachmann example.

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, dj_crisp said:

A fair review in BRM this month. Hopefully the next model from Heljan (what ever it may be) gets the basics better.

I thought so too. Whilst there may possibly be manufacturers that might be somewhat offended by such reviews in press where they pay money for adverts, I'm confident in the long term it pays off and encourages them to do better, as it's constructive feedback (he doesn't just say it's wrong) and gives credit where it's due.

Not everything that comes out of manufacturers is gold and I really appreciate that this forum and indeed the fact that BRM isn't afraid to say so to help me make an informed choice.