Brian's 7mm Diesel Workbench, Belated up-date!

I'll be happy to buy some from you Brian as I thought I'd have to 'cut and shut' the Easy-Build ones - probably a bit beyond my new found modelling skill level  :O

Remind me later when we have got them sorted, might be a while though.

Had a few hours working on the intermediate gangways but have to keep stopping to order bits when you realize that you won't have enough of them to do all 6 gangways.

I have got the two front gangways sprung now so should I ever do some other southern unit it will couple up nice and tight. It would wipe the paint off mind you going round corners. So for the inner ones I an going to face off the gangways with thin black plasticard so all you will see is a bit of black now and again. You can see in the lower pictures that I did this by soldering 4 10ba bolts in the corners, slipping a spring over them, and then passing through 4 holes in the front and securing with a nut. It needed a bit of fettling to get it working properly but seems ok. As I only have 2 bogies at the moment I have not tried it in anger round the layout.

post-6766-0-81740100-1452439143_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-67899400-1452439145.jpg

post-6766-0-28045400-1452439147_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-46143200-1452439148.jpg

post-6766-0-90649400-1452439149.jpg

post-6766-0-64199300-1452439151_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Hi Brian - the TC looks sublime, however your gangways are way over scale when you look at them side on - similar to the Hornby 4VEP the gangways shouldn't protrude beyond the buffers. There is an image on flickr showing the LT 4TC (buffer's appear to be extended) coupled to the LT coach 353 which show it perfectly. Unfortunately I either don't know how to or my computer won't allow me to add a link to it here.

Steve

Thank you John, I was just going to say I had them

The web address is www.ngtrains.com

Paul Martin

EDM Models

I hope Jon doesn't get as wound up by people spelling his name John as certain retailers do about spelling Kadee 'Kaydee'...?

Cracking thread Brian, really like the weathering effect on the Prestwin, hadn't heard of the manufacturer of the lime stain product before, very useful.

Cheers,

Andrew

Whilst glueing the BSK sides and ends to the floor I used some nice runny superglue, unfortunatly it did exactly what it was supposed to do and ran up to the roof at the end and somehow up above the guards door. And boy did it stick :resent:  After breaking the roof off I had to file the left on bits of roof off. Oh well, Laurie, got another roof please? I have filled in the guards window and to see how well the filling went I sprayed it with primer. A bit more rubbing and filling later it looks ok.

post-6766-0-60581400-1453051957.jpg

post-6766-0-63303100-1453051958.jpg

post-6766-0-55667800-1453051960.jpg

Hi Brian,

Sorry to hear about your mishap with the coach roof.  That runny superglue goes everywhere.... and usually where you don't want it to too... been there done that :fool: 

Did you try using the Glue-Buster first???  I dare not use superglues now without that stuff nearby.... just in case  :no:

Hope you manage to get sorted.

Cheers

Lee

Whilst glueing the BSK sides and ends to the floor I used some nice runny superglue, unfortunatly it did exactly what it was supposed to do and ran up to the roof at the end and somehow up above the guards door. And boy did it stick :resent:  After breaking the roof off I had to file the left on bits of roof off. Oh well, Laurie, got another roof please? I have filled in the guards window and to see how well the filling went I sprayed it with primer. A bit more rubbing and filling later it looks ok.

Sorry to see that Brian, hope it gets resolved soon I am sure that JLTRT will look after you!

I have been busy with the TC, I have made all the bogies so it looks like a unit now. I have also made two more gangways but a bit shorter. Whilst they look better with the coaches closer they did have a moment round the garden because they just don't have the travel of the longer ones. Need to scratch my head a bit over this. I will have it at Bristol and hopefully give it a push round the test track.

post-6766-0-20639600-1453752415.jpg

• Like 11

Yes Jeff they are both sprung but the shorter, better looking, one has less travel than the longer one. I think I would get away with it on nice smooth curves but in the garden there is a little tight bit, probably 5'6" radius so if I can get it round this it will go anywhere.