Brian's 7mm Diesel Workbench, Belated up-date!

They look cracking Brian, really superb!

Several of us have struggled to get replies/responses out of Shawplan, Railtec, Premier et al. I realise that they may be holding down several roles etc etc, yet I've waited months on end for replies, even when an order has been placed.

How do you approach getting a response let alone an order fulfilled?

Many thanks,

CME

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, CME and Bottlewasher said:

They look cracking Brian, really superb!

Several of us have struggled to get replies/responses out of Shawplan, Railtec, Premier et al. I realise that they may be holding down several roles etc etc, yet I've waited months on end for replies, even when an order has been placed.

How do you approach getting a response let alone an order fulfilled?

Many thanks,

CME

I got a reply from Shawplan within hours of sending an email. I guess he's just extremely busy

The difference in under frame dirt on these is probably due to the use of rheostatic braking, making less use of the actual brake blocks, so less brake dust between cleaning.

Have to wait and see if the Heljan example comes out anywhere near as good as this.

On 29/04/2019 at 18:14, MGR Hooper! said:

Not really a locomotive I like, but I will follow your progress when you do it.

Have to agree - I didn't like the sloped fronts on the 81s - 85s. I could never decide between 86/2s and 87s which I liked best, though!! :rolleyes:

And I still contend that ex-works BR Blue, & Blue/grey on coaches was as good and smart a livery as any other. :yes:

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 29/04/2019 at 18:11, brian daniels said:

Got an 85 kit to do!

Will we see some overhead line equipment being added to the railway in the near future or will these two be hauled as a Sunday diversion????

Loco looks great

Jim

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Your too kind Jeff. I must admit it's a lot easier doing this much surgery when it's a spare body!

I get Pete Harvey to the CAD as well, I would not know where to start.

I have added some JLTRT tail light castings and placed in a couple of windscreen wipers which thankfully cover a bit of the join/filling there. What I'm doing at the moment is filling and rubbing down then filling and rubbing down again. I have cut out the exhaust as it's got to sit on top of the new panel when I get round to it. I'm tempted to wait and fit new etched cantrail grills first then do the panels to fit.

IMG_0807.JPG

IMG_0808.JPG

IMG_0812.JPG

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3