Brian's 7mm Diesel Workbench, Belated up-date!

Where does time go! I haven't been sat on my laurels but I have been building a Heljan diesel depot with a few additions. I have had to leave one bay out as that makes it too long to fit on this layout without major surgery and it was just not worth the effort. First thing to do was to clad the roof with Slaters plasticard corrugated sheet. I got hold of some 3D printed mushroom vents for the roof, not maybe 100% correct but it adds something to the roof. 

IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Next bit was to change the doors to roller type which takes away a bit of the top of the opening as it's a bit tall. Guttering was added with L shaped plastruct and downpipes made from brass rod. The clamps to attach it to the wall are 3D prints from Modelu. The front clock is a dolls house one from ebay.

IMG_1085.JPG

IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, brian daniels said:

Got the weathering airbrush out recently and done a Heljan 03 and Dapol 5 plank runner wagon and a new Heljan 47. Fitted the 47 with Proto Neo nameplates and Fox lettering.

IMG_1344.JPG

IMG_1347.JPG

IMG_1337.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

Nicely done on the 03, seeing yours has reminded me I need to sort thr front step handrails on mine 

20211120_174514.jpg.42d833f6498b58e4146d4690cc069895.jpg

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
On 13/10/2021 at 19:53, brian daniels said:

I have lit the interior with 6 LED's. Also scanned the clock and glued the printout to some thin plasticard then made a brass back a few mm deep and illuminated the clock as well. I am slowly getting bits and pieces for the interior.

IMG_1141a.jpg

Still not finished that mug of tea I notice Brian? :D

• Funny 1

19 hours ago, brian daniels said:

Got the weathering airbrush out recently and done a Heljan 03 and Dapol 5 plank runner wagon and a new Heljan 47. Fitted the 47 with Proto Neo nameplates and Fox lettering.

IMG_1344.JPG

IMG_1347.JPG

IMG_1337.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

Superb!

19 hours ago, 37114 said:

Nicely done on the 03, seeing yours has reminded me I need to sort thr front step handrails on mine 

20211120_174514.jpg.42d833f6498b58e4146d4690cc069895.jpg

Ditto!

Lots of character and atmosphere!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Brian,

I've just come back to this thread after searching to see if s PWM had been done in 7mm. One of these would fit in great on the South Wales based yard layout I acquired from Marc Smith last year.

Yours looks really good in yellow. I'd also go with yellow so it fits my later time period of the early 90s.

I haven't yet looked to see if the kit is still available, but what was it like to build? I must confess to not having done a great deal of building stuff from brass.

Cheers,

Wayne

• Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, Wayne 37901 said:

Hi Brian,

I've just come back to this thread after searching to see if s PWM had been done in 7mm. One of these would fit in great on the South Wales based yard layout I acquired from Marc Smith last year.

Yours looks really good in yellow. I'd also go with yellow so it fits my later time period of the early 90s.

I haven't yet looked to see if the kit is still available, but what was it like to build? I must confess to not having done a great deal of building stuff from brass.

Cheers,

Wayne

Cracking layout that - hope you're enjoying it.

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Wayne 37901 said:

Hi Brian,

Cheers,

Wayne

We can sell you a 7mm kit for PWM650 - but not the others

Judith Edge kits

• Like 1

• 3 months later...