Brian's 7mm Diesel Workbench, Belated up-date!

There is a path along the roof from as you say by the windscreen wipers right over the top of the cantrail grills and below the roof fibreglass panels. This then also goes under the rad grill and above the rectangular rad access panel, a nice straight line, well straight'ish with my hacksaw blade.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 months later...

Decided to do a couple of more Simon BR Blue 3D print wagons so starting with the PAV grain hopper.The white parts are from Shapeways ans if you want one get intouch with Simon and he will do the hopper and roof on his home set up. The hopper is a little liny but I covered it in Squadron Green putty and rubbed it down and it looks ok now. This will be in the dark blue livery but stuck for transfers at the moment.

IMG_8918.JPG

IMG_8922.JPG

IMG_8923.JPG

IMG_8921.JPG

IMG_8924.JPG

Edited by brian daniels
  • Like 10

I'll be keeping an eye on your progress Brian. I have been looking at the PAA version to do in the Green Grainflow livery. I was thinking of getting the frame as you have a building the hopper out of plastic sheet I'll see how you get on before ordering, I've plenty to keep me occupied at the moment.

Al.

• 2 weeks later...

As well as building the PAV grain wagon I also got hold of a Polybulk covered hopper from Simon BR Blue. He supplied the body in two halves and the rest come via Shapeways. The main body does need a fare bit of filling and rubbing down but you get a smooth surface in the end. I have used Slaters vac pipes and lamp brackets and JLTRT airpipes I still had thankfully, buffers are Appleby and couplings are Heljan. I had a couple of etched label clips that I bought from a shop in Germany a few years ago, there is a 3D print one supplied. I have put some lead in the bottom but think I will add another bit. I have a set of transfers from Appleby to do it as a Traffic Services livery. I still have to put some mesh on the end walkway platform.

IMG_8959.JPG

IMG_8962.JPG

IMG_8963.JPG

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• 1 year later...

Has it really been a year since I did anything on here!

Most recent build has been this Palbrick from Ian MacDonald. It's a lovely kit of etches which you have to get buffers vac pipe and cylinder and wheels for. I used Slaters vac pipes, buffers and wheels. The vac cylinder was an old JLTRT one I had. I can't remember who did the coupling?

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• brian daniels changed the title to Brian's 7mm Diesel Workbench, Belated up-date!

Great to see you posting an update on here Brian. Also thanks for sharing the reference photos on your flickr site, the class 37 gallery has proved invaluable during my recent Heljan Class 37 detailing project.

Edited by 37114
Spelling