Posted (edited)

I'd hoped to make it to TW, sadly not to be.

Agreed, the PHD window surround etches are a simple, but effective mod to the Cl37 as is the Shawplan scavenger fan grill and surround.

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher
additional info

19 hours ago, CME and Bottlewasher said:

Above and beyond I'd say.

Taken a good kit and made it better, really refreshing to see it and marvel at the progress.

Hear hear!

Thanks for the vote of confidence chaps. Half the battle with any model knowing what you think you can do with the bits we have spread around the place, and having a good set of reference pictures helps enormously. I have had to rely mostly on a friends detail shots for this build.

Latest little updates are the raised fibreglass roof panels made from plasticard, bet not many people have painted these a creamy colour instead of all over grey! Speedo now added and the little access flap behind the cab door at this end. Think this is nearly it as I can't think of anything much I would like to change/enhance.

86260A (2).jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

• Like 11
  • Agree 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

86015 is varnished now so could take the Maskol off the lights at last. Windows to cut out and glue in next. I temporarily added an etched arrow with double sided tape as I'm not sure this is the correct size. I have ordered arrows from Shawplan as he lists AC 25Kv Electric ones. Also re-visited this 25 to change the numbers as the Fox ones I had on had a ghosting round them and they just had to go so now I have HMRS Pressfix ones on. Also added the boiler access step blanks that I did not have before. Also added a little yellow dot on the bodyside both sides

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0599.JPG

IMG_0598.JPG

• Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5

Posted (edited)

They look cracking Brian, really superb!

Several of us have struggled to get replies/responses out of Shawplan, Railtec, Premier et al. I realise that they may be holding down several roles etc etc, yet I've waited months on end for replies, even when an order has been placed.

How do you approach getting a response let alone an order fulfilled?

Many thanks,

CME

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, CME and Bottlewasher said:

They look cracking Brian, really superb!

Several of us have struggled to get replies/responses out of Shawplan, Railtec, Premier et al. I realise that they may be holding down several roles etc etc, yet I've waited months on end for replies, even when an order has been placed.

How do you approach getting a response let alone an order fulfilled?

Many thanks,

CME

I got a reply from Shawplan within hours of sending an email. I guess he's just extremely busy

2 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

I got a reply from Shawplan within hours of sending an email. I guess he's just extremely busy

That's not been our/my experience - we will park the matter there, unless Brian replies.

Truly some amazing work on the Class 86. I would've loved to have seen you tackle the PRMRP Class 87 and Class 90 kits...

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Truly some amazing work on the Class 86. I would've loved to have seen you tackle the PRMRP Class 87 and Class 90 kits...

Got an 85 kit to do!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, brian daniels said:

Got an 85 kit to do!

Not really a locomotive I like, but I will follow your progress when you do it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The difference in under frame dirt on these is probably due to the use of rheostatic braking, making less use of the actual brake blocks, so less brake dust between cleaning.

Have to wait and see if the Heljan example comes out anywhere near as good as this.

On 29/04/2019 at 18:14, MGR Hooper! said:

Not really a locomotive I like, but I will follow your progress when you do it.

Have to agree - I didn't like the sloped fronts on the 81s - 85s. I could never decide between 86/2s and 87s which I liked best, though!! :rolleyes:

And I still contend that ex-works BR Blue, & Blue/grey on coaches was as good and smart a livery as any other. :yes:

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

Have to agree - I didn't like the sloped fronts on the 81s - 85s.

Exactly why I don't like them either!

On 29/04/2019 at 18:11, brian daniels said:

Got an 85 kit to do!

Will we see some overhead line equipment being added to the railway in the near future or will these two be hauled as a Sunday diversion????

Loco looks great

Jim

Took a few shots of my locos on Swindon A Shop yesterday at Bill McAlpines Fawley Hill. I have now glued the 86 cab roofs on with Kristal Klear so I should be able to wet it and get them off if I need to in the future.

IMG_0638.JPG

IMG_0645.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6

Holiday Haunts got sold on a couple of years ago as they needed the space at Fawley for corporate events now.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Finally weathered the North British Class 43 that I converted a few months back.

Those dusty bits will blow off!

IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0654.JPG

Edited by brian daniels
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

Also weathered this pre-production 37/4 that I painted a while back.

IMG_0655.JPG

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

2 hours ago, brian daniels said:

Holiday Haunts got sold on a couple of years ago as they needed the space at Fawley for corporate events now.

Thanks Brian, that's a shame.

Don't think I put these up recently. A pre-production Heljan 7mm 33 with headlight that I painted in Dutch livery.

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0707.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

• Like 8