Brian's 7mm Diesel Workbench, Belated up-date!

Very nice pics CME, wish I had a depot like that :(

Varnished the Fruit D today. Looks a bit bright until we get some dirt on it. It was fun, not!, doing the wagon number and Max Speed from Fox single letters/numbers :blink: I did the ENPARTS from an old Letraset sheet I had that I cut each letter off one at a time and rubed them on. It was the only way to get them in-between those raised doors and ribs.

post-6766-0-78950500-1302111299_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-95564400-1302111302_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-05840700-1302111307_thumb.jpg

Hi Adam

I will admit these vans are way out of my comfort zone. I have one picture in a book of one as an ENPARTS van but you can't see the underneath very well. Since Paul Bartletts fotopics site went belly up I'm lost on these old vans. So it got built as per what's in the box. If the vans have internal lights, which the large pull rod switch on the end would intimate then there would be a batterybox and dynamo to charge it. They would not use a shore supply to charge batteries as they were not dotted around the railway network willy-nilly. Were there Fruit D's built without lights and some with? As I said earlier the kit does not have the end pull switch.

Anyway it's in the paintshops now and will end up in olive green with ENPARTS stencilled on the side as per the pic in the book I have.

The photographs are back - see http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/fruitd

Enparts van collection http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/enparts

Paul Bartlett

• Like 1

Varnished the Fruit D today. Looks a bit bright until we get some dirt on it. It was fun, not!, doing the wagon number and Max Speed from Fox single letters/numbers :blink: I did the ENPARTS from an old Letraset sheet I had that I cut each letter off one at a time and rubed them on. It was the only way to get them in-between those raised doors and ribs.

Hi Brian,

Thanks.:D

That depot layout has got me thinking too - yet I cant really justify such :rolleyes::(

Really great work on the Fruit D. Letraset arnt they NLA now - I think that I might have found an alternative - sounds like hard work, I always find transfers etc. a challenge. You seem to have got the whole model finished in superquick time.B):) Life seems to be getting in the way of modelmaking at the mo - I am still on a steep learning curve and that takes one longer to build a model......:rolleyes:

ATB

CME :)

amongst other interesting layouts there was a layout called Diesel Depot B) which was, so I believe, a second-hand layout going through some changes with it's new owners.

CME :)

Some distant memories of that layout and the locossad.gif

Hi Brian, realy like the fruit D even better in blue, top job, the couplings on the fruit D who`s are they?

Garry

Had a nice day at Bourne End today giving the Fruit D a run in a parcels train. I also took the blue 56075 for it's first run in blue and it's first run in over 2 years I wouldn't be surprised. Thankfully no one noticed an air braked 56 on a vac braked parcels rake was a bit out of the ordinary ;) When I weather the grid I will put some black felt behind the grill so they are not see through.

post-6766-0-12606600-1302455721_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-19462500-1302455724_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-37440200-1302455728_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Guest 47107

Had a nice day at Bourne End today. Thankfully no one noticed an air braked 56 on a vac braked parcels rake was a bit out of the ordinary.

As discussed this afternoon, Modellers Licence!

To do the curved yellow I use the 2 inch wide Tamiya masking tape. Put it on a piece of glass and use a plasticard former that I filed a nice 90degree curve on. I go round it with a nice new scalpel blade and hay presto a nice straight, curve, straight piece of masking tape :)

Just sprayed some dirt on my 128 so will get the brushes out later and finish that weathering off.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

128 looks tremendous - albeit ugly!

Going back to a topic several pages ago, I've just spotted a photo on page 13 of Modern Railways Illustrated No. 184, of a preserved 33/2 with one large and one small buffer. Quite a marked difference - although of course no way of knowing if both were actually from a class 33 originally...

To do the curved yellow I use the 2 inch wide Tamiya masking tape. Put it on a piece of glass and use a plasticard former that I filed a nice 90degree curve on. I go round it with a nice new scalpel blade and hay presto a nice straight, curve, straight piece of masking tape :)

Just sprayed some dirt on my 128 so will get the brushes out later and finish that weathering off.

Thanks Brian, I just need to get some 2inch Tamiya masking tape, where do you get it from ?

Richard

I get my Tamiya tape from Howes. It's good stuff for making odd shape masks like the ones for a 47/56 yellow end. There is a lot on a roll and I use it for general masking say down the side of a loco.

Thanks Brian, ordered and on its way to me.

Richard

Getting round to painting my JLTRT RMB at last. As the interior is already painted I have masked off the window holes with Tamiya 40mm masking tape and screwed the roof on. I will paint the blue first and then the grey as it's easier to mask it this way I find. The black underframe will be done last. I usually do one colour a day so as to let it dry fully before masking over it. So I should have this done over the weekend.

post-6766-0-53896800-1303400511_thumb.jpg

post-6766-0-20865200-1303400514_thumb.jpg