BR steam OO gauge shunting layout

My first (and probably last(!) attempt at making a shoebox shunting layout failed dramatically. It was not long until i found a length of sundeala board in the garage. It was decided on tge spot that i woukd have another crack at making a layout only this time it has a proper baseboard!

The layout is only two R601s (Hornby double straight) long with a bit of room to spare. The block of wood near the blue bin lid is going to be sawn off. The other block of wood nearest the camera on the right hand side, (which might be pine), is going to be the fiddle yard.

It is the same thickness as the sundeala board so is ideal.

1562428585740844810332.jpg.c253118160f260128d9300f45c79677b.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, OOman said:

James this sound good. Look forward to seeing your layout develop. I find getting inspiration from other members layouts is great way to start.

Thanks. When planning new layouts, and i always do research first. That way i get some ideas what i want the layout to look like. If i don't like it, i rearrange things.

• Like 1

I have a loading gauge which came with a train set i got so i will be probably using that on the layout. I also have signals and watercranes: one of Hornby origin (black with red tube), a maroon one and two PECO ones. 

Edited by JamesGWR101

Even though the baseboard isn't complete yet, i have several accessories to put on the layout. 

This includes:

Water crane

Coal merchant's building

2 signals (one junction, one single)

Telegraph poles

Trees

People (loco drivers\firemen, goods yard workers etc)

Vehicles of period

Station halt

Signal box