If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

*Found* Modelzone Exclusive Mk1s

briantwigley

Unfortunately I’m only looking for the models not observations.

I’m willing to pay a fair price but not over inflated ones. We all know how silly prices can get on there 

Thanks 

Edited by briantwigley
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

As far as I can see there are only two listings for these on eBay at present, both at about £90, and there does not appear to have been any listings for these catalogue numbers on eBay in the last couple of months. I think that current Bachmann Mk1 twin pack coach sets retail at around £100 new (presumably cheaper with discounts).

It does not, therefore, appear to me that the eBay prices are particularly "silly".

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, briantwigley said:

Didn’t realise this would turn into a discussion. 

Either you have them and want to sell, or don’t :) any other comments are not required.

Cheers

If I had them I would sell them for the maximum value I could as that would give me more cash to spend in other items.

• Agree 8

• RMweb Gold

This isn’t hostile..... wait until someone mentions modelling and suggesting that they might repaint a bargain to suit  That’s when the big guns come out ;)

Griff

They are standard liveries. Change of decoration and a light dusting of grime.

Edited by griffgriff
Addition of text

5 hours ago, briantwigley said:

As would anyone, but many sellers inflate prices on eBay to counter the 10% fees etc. Hence the post here.

End of discussion :good:

Thanks

But if you're buying an "exclusive" model... limited production run etc it will be more expensive than a normal model no?

• Agree 1

Still doesn't mean common courtesy and manners and permitted the OP was complaining about paying outlandish prices for an exclusive item.

It's going to be expensive as it's a special, can either look for them and pay over the odds or buy similar and repaint/modify no?

Being told "end of discussion" isn't polite or needed, I can appreciate I may be being aggravating the situation but I genuinely felt put out with the end of discussion comment it wasn't warranted or needed.

Perhaps I should end my own discussion here to avoid more agro.

• Agree 1

But there was no mention of prices he was willing to pay. Just that he wasn't willing to pay "silly" prices.

As an example this book I've been after for a while. Is that a silly price?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GWR-Goods-Wagons-G-Atkins/dp/0860936570/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=gwr+wagons&qid=1562680852&s=books&sr=1-4

Should I really pay nearly a grand for a book worth about £45 because someone reckons it's the going rate?

Jason

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

But there was no mention of prices he was willing to pay. Just that he wasn't willing to pay "silly" prices.

As an example this book I've been after for a while. Is that a silly price?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GWR-Goods-Wagons-G-Atkins/dp/0860936570/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=gwr+wagons&qid=1562680852&s=books&sr=1-4

Should I really pay nearly a grand for a book worth about £45 because someone reckons it's the going rate?

Jason

The OP said he didn't want to pay "silly eBay prices", so a comparison with what is probably an accident of Amazon's price matching algorithm isn't really that relevant - incidentally, if you drill down into the listing you quote, you can find a copy for a mere £495!

If the OP had just posted what he was looking for without having a swipe at eBay, he probably wouldn't have had as much "feedback". Similarly, if he hadn't then tried to shut the thread down in a fairly blunt manner, it would probably have petered out.

I provided information about eBay listings for the items further up thread:

As far as I can see there are only two listings for these on eBay at present, both at about £90, and there does not appear to have been any listings for these catalogue numbers on eBay in the last couple of months. I think that current Bachmann Mk1 twin pack coach sets retail at around £100 new (presumably cheaper with discounts).

...and I still think that the eBay prices on these items (at present) seem to be quite reasonable.

1 hour ago, melmoth said:

The OP said he didn't want to pay "silly eBay prices", so a comparison with what is probably an accident of Amazon's price matching algorithm isn't really that relevant - incidentally, if you drill down into the listing you quote, you can find a copy for a mere £495!

If the OP had just posted what he was looking for without having a swipe at eBay, he probably wouldn't have had as much "feedback". Similarly, if he hadn't then tried to shut the thread down in a fairly blunt manner, it would probably have petered out.

I provided information about eBay listings for the items further up thread:

...and I still think that the eBay prices on these items (at present) seem to be quite reasonable.

But that price has been the same on eBay. Just that I couldn't be bothered looking for one at the time and I have the Amazon page as a shortcut.

So yes, it is a silly eBay price. 

Jason

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

But that price has been the same on eBay. Just that I couldn't be bothered looking for one at the time and I have the Amazon page as a shortcut.

So yes, it is a silly eBay price. 

Jason

Fair enough then for that particular book, but I'd still stand by my point about the eBay prices on the items the OP was looking for. Which I wouldn't have made had he not offered his opinion about eBay prices in the first place...

3 hours ago, briantwigley said:

Don’t really see why anyone needed to comment at all. Just people having a poke for no reason.

Not constructive, not welcome, if you aren’t adding to a post then why bother?

Because it's a forum..  it's what it is designed to do people to chat & offer opinions.

Sometimes other people's opinions don't correlate with your own and we just have to accept that not everyone will agree.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• AY Mod locked this topic