Northern class 195s east of the Pennines

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, pendlerail said:

195002 was on the 0715 Ellesmere port to Leeds, left Manchester Victoria at 0820ish I was on it from Newton le willows,

Thanks for the correction, I've edited my post to reflect the correct details.  I'd misread my notes.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Owd Bob said:

What a lovely looking & kept in the old style Station Hebden Bridge is. Nice pics':)

Yes, it’s a station that retains lots of character and is pretty well cared for.  There’s even a little cafe in the station that’s open for most of the day, from which a lovely aroma of grilled bacon was emanating when I was there.  I can vouch for the coffee.

At least one of the staff there is an enthusiast as on one of my previous visits and enquiring what I wanted to photograph, unprompted went out of his way to give me some additional info.

Even the bobby, depending who was on duty, had been known to open the window and holler across to me that what I was waiting to photograph was on the way.  Regrettably the listed signal box, which closed a couple of years ago, has been disfigured by some graffiti.   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Saw a pair of 2 car 195's, late morning yesterday, travelling between Meadowhall and Barnsley.

Don't know if they were in service or driver training..

First time I've seen any go past my house, so will have to keep a look out from now on !!

Cheers,

Phil.

Had one on Friday teatime, Manchester / Leeds and was quite fun. Standing room only and the guard could only open the passenger doors from the passenger compartment , and selected door opening kept kicking in stopping certain doors from opening. Lots of little problems still to iron out I think.

And yes the seating doesn’t seem right.

Edited by 25901
  • Like 1