Bachmann donate £10,617.50 to the Bluebell Railway Atlantic Group.

AY Mod

Impressive and wonderful gesture by Bachmann. Really supporting the preservation movement that helped facilitate the development of, and interest in the model. And of course the model has/will generate further interest in the new-build.

• Like 9
  • Agree 7

Kudos to Bachmann. 

Little Loco Co. also did something similar with their class 15, its a laudable and honest gesture to share the proceeds out to those who the manufacturers rely on for assistance. If other manufacturers followed this precedent then the preservation community would really see benefits.

Perhaps societies will now realise the potential value of their property? Presumably this was funded from a small percentage of the profits from this model, its a lot more useful for cash starved groups than the offer of a 2 or 3 free models that I have heard are offered by certain others. 

• AY Mod locked and unlocked this topic

Amazing! Didn't realise the H2 was only a couple of years from completion! Between that, the Terriers & E4, they can, on occasion, run the railway entirely on LBSCR designed locos if they're all steamable at the same time, isn't that wonderful? =D I look forward to the inevitable 'LBSCR day' ;)

Edited by GreenGiraffe22
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, JohnR said:

That must be a lot of Brighton Atlantics they must have sold!

Just did that maths, actually only 57 at full RRP of, what was it, £189?

Edit: although it's a percentage of each sale isn't it, so yeah a fair few more. 

Edited by GreenGiraffe22

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, GreenGiraffe22 said:

Just did that maths, actually only 57 at full RRP of, what was it, £189?

Edit: although it's a percentage of each sale isn't it, so yeah a fair few more. 

Was it not something like £5 or £10 a unit? 

• RMweb Gold

The model railway manufacturing industry of today does sometimes incite criticism of its retail pricing structure. In a market which has proven difficult on occasion to "break even" it is very generous of Bachmann to provide a donation of this nature.  

When 32424 eventually takes to the rails in revenue earning service, it is conceivable that interest in the model will receive further attention and promote additional sales which can only be a good thing.

In the meantime we might ponder as to which part of the loco or tender we have individually contributed.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Right Away said:

The model railway manufacturing industry of today does sometimes incite criticism of its retail pricing structure. In a market which has proven difficult on occasion to "break even" it is very generous of Bachmann to provide a donation of this nature.  

When 32424 eventually takes to the rails in revenue earning service, it is conceivable that interest in the model will receive further attention and promote additional sales which can only be a good thing.

In the meantime we might ponder as to which part of the loco or tender we have individually contributed.

Likely only a lump of coal. :(

1 hour ago, Right Away said:

....... When 32424 eventually takes to the rails in revenue earning service, it is conceivable that interest in the model will receive further attention and promote additional sales which can only be a good thing. ......

They'll promote a sale to me when they produce the model in malachite green ................. hopefully before the big'un gets round to needing a repaint !

( Interesting lateral thought ! .... The authorities saw the sense in repainting the 'Schools' into the BR 'passenger' livery : that might have suited the H2s rather well if they'd lasted a little longer ! )

8 hours ago, Right Away said:

I hope my two models contribute to a tin of Marsh Umber paint so that they can paint it in a better livery :jester:

• Agree 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Impressive, I’d like to see more of this.

I wasn't aware they were Supporting the preservation group, well done.

Bachmann do quite a lot of this - the Highley model buildings contributed to the real station and the current GCR ones will do the same. If you'd like to see more, you just need to look.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Holy, you crazy brits...

Other maniacs just try to SAFE a loco, and you guys BUILD them from new! Just great, and an awesome donation by Bachmann.:good_mini:

Of course I bought one of those beautiful Southern Atlantics, such a lovely model.

Cheerio

Simon

• Friendly/supportive 2

This makes me very glad I brought 2 of these models, a H1 and H2 (Beachy Head herself). I had found the models expensive but as there is a donation to the Bluebell Atlantic project, what more can I say?

This makes me feel better about buying the crane knowing one exists on the Bluebell and it might lead to another donation yet.