DCC train issues

Hi first post on site. I would appreciate any help with an issue I am having with the class 37 Bachmann Europhenix train. Sometimes it runs very slowly sometimes not at all and sometimes the response to the command is very belated. All my other trains seem to run ok so I’m a bit stuck. Tried cleaning wheels track etc no difference and tried factory reset . I’m using the gauge master prodigy system. 

Thanks in advance Shaun 

12 hours ago, Shaunant said:

Hi first post on site. I would appreciate any help with an issue I am having with the class 37 Bachmann Europhenix train. Sometimes it runs very slowly sometimes not at all and sometimes the response to the command is very belated. All my other trains seem to run ok so I’m a bit stuck. Tried cleaning wheels track etc no difference and tried factory reset . I’m using the gauge master prodigy system. 

Thanks in advance Shaun 

You might get more help if you post this in the DCC Help section. If you ask AYMod nicely he will possibly move this post for you.

John

• Thanks 1

The description of the observed problem suggests to me that it could be mechanical, nothing to do with DCC.

All it needs for this to happen is the drive shaft coupler to one bogie slipping in the flywheel. That results in one bogie with wheels turning, the other with 'brakes on'. Since both bogies carry the same weight, little to no movement results.

Easy check. Put dots of permanent marker on the tyres of each bogie wheel. Set the loco running. If the wheels can be seen to be turning on one bogie but are stationary or only intermittently moving on the other, there's a mechanism problem.

• Thanks 1