Next OO containers

arran

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, SRman said:

I like those Tiphook and Kien Hung containers, Arran. You say they are old-style containers, but would you mind giving me some approximate dates they would cover, please?

HI 

Tiphook's like these date from the late 80s and could be seen up till a few years ago .

Kein Hung i would say the same time line for them also unless others know different , when i get old container info i always try to get the data panel to see when its was built

Regards Arran

• Informative/Useful 2

Sorry to bother you again, Arran, but could you fix the website shop, please. I tried to order one of each of the old-style containers above, but the Tiphook one defaults to 100 items and produces this error message of that is changed to '1' : "Minimum order amount for OO Tiphook 40ft x 8'6" Old style is 100!"

I was going to add a couple of kits and transfers as well, but will wait until I can order just one of the Tiphook version to keep postage to a minimum.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SRman said:

Sorry to bother you again, Arran, but could you fix the website shop, please. I tried to order one of each of the old-style containers above, but the Tiphook one defaults to 100 items and produces this error message of that is changed to '1' : "Minimum order amount for OO Tiphook 40ft x 8'6" Old style is 100!"

I was going to add a couple of kits and transfers as well, but will wait until I can order just one of the Tiphook version to keep postage to a minimum.

Thanks.

HI 

That's that fixed it was my fault  .

Regards Arran

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was lucky to find quite a few of your 'boxes under the Christmas tree Arran, in a variety of liveries including the ONE 20' as above. It’ll certainly stand out in a train, as will the other colourful liveries we are blessed with today. I’ve been researching and found some really grubby examples, especially Hapag-Lloyd and OOCL liveries, so I shall try and replicate these and take a leaf from Mr Makin's excellent thread. They should be running soon!

Jack.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

36 minutes ago, jamessolomon said:

Are you planning to do these One refrigerated containers at all

image0.png

At some point it’s on the cards , they are still hard to find let alone get all the details , the containers not white and at a guess the same grey as the lettering on the dry box’s . 

I will track one down eventually, It might be a motorway services lorry park as I have done in the past .

regards Arran 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

22 minutes ago, russ p said:

Is there any plans to do any 1960s ones such as Manchester liners or sainsbury's? 

I could do a Manchester liners on an 8’6” 20ft that would suit the earlier days, I’ve no plans to do an 8ft high box. 

Regards Arran 

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, arran said:

I could do a Manchester liners on an 8’6” 20ft that would suit the earlier days, I’ve no plans to do an 8ft high box. 

Regards Arran 

Thanks Arran the period I'm doing 67/68 I think they were all 8ft

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On 27/12/2019 at 16:10, arran said:

HI All

While we are on the subject of new stuff, the next 40ft HC is P&O along with another run of ONE containers .

Regards Arran

Hi Arran,

Was this a new batch of 40' One Containers or a rerun of the existing number.

Thanks,

Martin 

Edited by martin_l_jones

• 2 months later...

HI All

Due in mid may are the next OO Gauge  40ft x 8'6" dry boxs One and NYK Logistics.

image.png.66485ccfd2e9284d1666e351e3f201af.png

image.png.4063c16642bd09a96ebf0cebb6de4396.png

At the artwork stage and awaiting samples are GCA Tainer and Bruhn 20ft tanks , the GCA has been done before but this ones got a white barrel and a different running number, these are seen all over the UK and are seen in almost complete trains in Ireland .

Regards Arranimage.png.1c8d3ff046d9ca500c991b8d73cdfb4f.pngimage.png.0cfb29826a822119f6ecbc1bf10b6ded.png

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1