Next OO containers

arran

Hi Arran,

Wondering if you'll be doing any 8ft6 old style 40ft in P&O and P&O Nedlloyd at some stage? Trying to recreate late 90s/00s container trains out of Southampton. I have ordered some transfers from you but some 'RTR' would be very handy.

Cheers,

Rich

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SouthernMafia said:

Hi Arran,

Wondering if you'll be doing any 8ft6 old style 40ft in P&O and P&O Nedlloyd at some stage? Trying to recreate late 90s/00s container trains out of Southampton. I have ordered some transfers from you but some 'RTR' would be very handy.

Cheers,

Rich

HI Rich

P&O did have liveries on old style but Not P&O Ned did not , Or ive never seen it if they did .

My be you are thinking of Nedlloyd as they must have had some but even the ones I have info on are more the current ribbed styled containers

Regards Arran

IMG_8190.JPG

Hi Arran,

What are these 40ft containers? There are at least 3 on this train and I've seen many other pics. Sorry I'm not au fait with the differences but definitely 8ft6 40ft in P&O Nedlloyd.

47289_21-8-2002

Some good footage here at 16:40 

Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

46 minutes ago, SouthernMafia said:

Ok thanks. So would any P&O Nedlloyds be on the cards? 

HI

We do a 20ft P&O Nedlloyd at the moment and the tranfers for those that want to make there own.

Regards Arran

• 4 weeks later...

The NYK is especially nice on the roof with all the correct marking and in the style applicable to the company , we always do our best to make sure the roofs are correct on the models as they are the part thats viewed the most 

Regards Arran

IMG_0679a.JPG

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/06/2020 at 11:33, 159220 said:

What’s next? I’m seeing a lot of ‘red’ HC boxes on intermodals. Beacon, TEX, CAI, Touax, ICI and blue Seaco with Yang Ming Ys on the doors. 

I've seen a few of those recently too, this was a couple of weeks ago on the WCML at Rugeley, with a pair of 86s up front!

IMG_0498.JPG.ef3630864a759ca09da6e1861978f58e.JPG

Also a note to say I ordered some 'boxes (Yang Ming 40' fridge, UASC 40', Hamburg 20' & Evergreen 20') and transfers on Saturday evening and they came this morning - excellent service as ever, cheers Arran! :good:

Thanks,

Jack.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
12 hours ago, 159220 said:

Something similar for us OO modellers planned?

PT Trains: 

234319964_988955525200097_64198405251163

Hi All

i did ask the factory and they were not keen with so many colours But we may get some through Rainbow Railways as they can paint up 20fts . I have a load of undecorated 20fts coming so we will have a try.

there are more 40ft and 20fts getting done at the moment so that will be along later this year.

regards Arran 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/08/2021 at 12:22, arran said:

Hi All

i did ask the factory and they were not keen with so many colours But we may get some through Rainbow Railways as they can paint up 20fts . I have a load of undecorated 20fts coming so we will have a try.

there are more 40ft and 20fts getting done at the moment so that will be along later this year.

regards Arran 

Please let us know how that works out as it would be nice to have something in UK scale. In the meantime, I have just picked mine up in Porto (they are a limited edition so selling fast). I would say PT Trains containers are on par with C-Rail's...luckily different scales ;) 

IMG_1714.JPG.cbfe8d18567e04352b2a1bf652584ac1.JPG

Edited by 159220
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, 159220 said:

Please let us know how that works out as it would be nice to have something in UK scale. In the meantime, I have just picked mine up in Porto (they are a limited edition so selling fast). I would say PT Trains containers are on par with C-Rail's...luckily different scales ;) 

IMG_1714.JPG.cbfe8d18567e04352b2a1bf652584ac1.JPG

If you dont mind me asking What did they cost ?

Regards Arran

Before I say, I don't want the thread being hi-jacked about price. As for me, this is a hobby and money doesn't come into the equation... 

Now I have built that up, I can tell you they cost €39.95 for a limited edition. Ducks for cover and back to smiling at his rainbow containers. Annoyingly, my Pride supporting partner has already claimed the badge and 20ft as hers.

(I am just happy Hornby didn't produce them on their incorrect container tooling).

(You got to remember the PT market is tiny, PT Trains retail their 20ft for €15.95 and 40ft for €17.95). 

Honestly, I would pay more for my C-Rail containers as they are great models! And a bargain in 2021! 

Edited by 159220
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 30/04/2022 at 13:02, TangerineWizards said:

Is there any chance of some ACL containers, as seen on the Seaforth-Scotland intermodal trains?

Hi All

i have the info for ACL so it’s a thought right enough, I don’t have many brown box’s in the range .

Regards Arran 

26 minutes ago, arran said:

Hi All

i have the info for ACL so it’s a thought right enough, I don’t have many brown box’s in the range .

Regards Arran 

I’d happily buy a few if you did. It’s quite an interesting train with the mix of boxes and tanks. Thanks for replying! 

• Agree 1