On-line supplier now missing

Some months ago I found this site- http://paperbrick.co.uk/ The site owner set it up so that enthusiasts could create and download brick paper to their requirements. At the time, I downloaded and printed a couple of sheets just as a test and found them to be ideal for what I perceived would be my needs. I did not keep the PDF files that were created.

Yesterday I went to the site with the intent to make a donation and download some papers, but although after selecting ones parameters, the site says that a PDF file was generated, it cannot be viewed or downloaded. I sent an e-mail to the site owner, but it bounced back.

Does anyone know what has happened? It would be a pity to lose such a clever and useful site.

Dane.

Isn't this the one where the propieter passed away suddenly , shortly after creating the 'app',.

His Son, I think took it over  using a donation system to keep the bills paid and the app online. Presumably its interest has  now lapsed.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/103044-paperbrickcouk/

Edited by soony
additional info
  • Agree 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The logo looks identical, now I have seen it. I thought it was familiar. Well spotted Norski! I guess they could link or redirect from the PaperBrick site to their main site as a way to attract potential customers, or just advertise their range on the PaperBrick web page. The concept of free brick paper would fit well with Scale Model Scenery's products such as LX308-OO Ultra Low Relief Industrial Unit / Warehouse End Wall Blanks, their LX315-OO Ultra- Low Relief North Light Engine Shed / Wagon Works Side Wall and their LX291-OO Harbour. Some of the above products are new and would benefit from free brick paper. Perhaps they have in mind a series of more blank laser cut templates in future. If they use their imagination they could even come up with a mix and match modular system. Imagine the shell of a house, just the walls. It could be sold separately from the roof, with hipped, gable (and top of the end walls), Mansard (for larger buildings), flat roofs and other variations available separately, all with the same 'footprint' as the shell of the walls. Just an idea if you guys at Scale Model Scenery ever get to read this.

• Like 2