TTS reorders...

RAF96

If Hornby could be persuaded to order up a new batch of previously sold out TTS decoders which would you like to see again...

I can only think of  Class 37 and Class 47 as being out of stock everywhere at present.

.....please add to the list and maybe they will listen to the people.

Just out of stock decoders please, not those wish-list items that haven’t been made yet.

Rob

According to my local models shop (the excellent DeRails), the tts chips have been a very good seller.   Given that the 37s and 47s are the biggest classes and that all the current tts chips have sold out, perhaps it is the case the Hornby are looking at a mk2

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chrisr40 said:

Not a reissue but it would be nice to have the 4f chip available seperately.

Generally the factory fit decoders eventually see daylight as retro-kits. This has been the case with several such as the Class 08, MN and HST Valenta.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Class 37 decoders are back on sale, I've done 3 recently, one with a megabass speaker and 2 with iPhone speakers. all seem to work ok. I just wish Hornby would do a sound chip for the class 37/4/5 etc as these are for "unrefurbished" loco's.

Pete

• Like 1

Hmmmm... be careful though. Only trouble with wanting specific variants of a class means extra recording sessions, editing etc, set up to program a smaller total number of chips with each sound project, is there sufficient demand for sub classes to mean each chip release washes it's own back ? ...before you know it they are no longer the bargain they are currently. 

12 hours ago, Chrisr40 said:

...set up to program a smaller total number of chips with each sound project, is there sufficient demand for sub classes to mean each chip release washes it's own back...

The main driver for release of any new variant or re-batching of an older decoder is can it sell enough to justify a minimum prder of quantity (MoQ) production order, which I reckon would be in the order of 2,000 units. Unfortunately I don’t think they can pick’n’mix variants within the same order, so you need a lot of confidence in if a product will sell before committing any resource to it.

• Like 1