Model Rail / Heljan Class 11 0-6-0DE

Hippo

• RMweb Premium

This months Model Rail dropped through the door yesterday and the new big announcement is with Heljan they are tooling a Class 11.

Looks like 14 different liveries including pre-war, post-war, Longmoor and industrial.

They are also doing 5 class 12's which will include detail differences like the Bulleid 'Boxpok' wheels.

More info in Model Rail 263 (August).

I'm sure Chris @dibber25 will be along soon to tell us more.

I'm definately interested in the ICI and NCB loco's

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Ooo very nice.

makes sense as there’s not too many shunters that would be viable left to do, but these offer a huge range of geography and purpose.

I wonder if an NS, DB,DSB, VR are on the list or if it is left to the Roco version to cover Europe (though some have been repatriated)?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NIK said:

Hi,

Good news. I can't buy Model Rail in my town, any chance of publishing the details of the Class 11/12 models announced here?.

Regards

Nick

The 11s are not expected until Q1 2022 with 15 liveries available, black, green, blue, ICI and NCB wethered, wasp stripes etc, lots of fancy electrickery stuff inside for those who work with the extra C.

The 12s are expected Q1 2023 with 5 versions available. 

Edited by royaloak
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

34 minutes ago, NIK said:

Hi,

Good news. I can't buy Model Rail in my town, any chance of publishing the details of the Class 11/12 models announced here?.

Regards

Nick

Class 11
MR-501: WD green, 70271
MR-502: Longmoor Military Railway blue, 878 Basra
MR-503: LMS pre-war black, 7120
MR-504: LMS post-war black, 7128
MR-505: BR black, British Railways lettering, 12043
MR-506: WR green, British Railways lettering, 15106
MR-507: BR black, early emblem, 12049
MR-508: BR black, early emblem (weathered), 12075
MR-509: BR plain green, late crest, 12105
MR-510: BR green, wasp stripes, 12100
MR-511: BR green, wasp stripes, 15105
MR-512: BR blue, D12062
MR-513: BR blue (weathered), 12052
MR-514: ICI grey/orange, Joule
MR-515: NCB orange, 12099
Class 12
MR-601: BR black, 15223
MR-602: BR black, early emblem, 15235
MR-603: BR green, wasp stripes, 15224
MR-604: BR green, wasp stripes (weathered), 15221
MR-605: BR blue, 15212

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, No Decorum said:

On the other hand, going by “According to Chris...” dibber25 has gas turbine electric 18000 in mind. Whether it turns into a RTR model or not is another matter. Wouldn’t it be exciting if it did?

I've had 18000 in mind for years and put it forward on numerous occasions, but so far, no takers. (CJL)

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Gosh it’s refreshing to see a new modern image type, than a re-run, my wallet was beginning to think i’d given up spending.

so that’s 3 for me off the bat... Green w/wasp, Black and 15224... but.... two others catch my eye... 

Edited by adb968008

3 hours ago, No Decorum said:

Class 11

MR-506: WR green, British Railways lettering, 15106

https://www.rail-online.co.uk/p57769627/h269cba8#h269cba8

In this (rather distinctive) livery?

Five figure GWR cast plates with just the '6' polished / painted; large hand-painted '6' on the cab (and radiator?); GWR-style 'BRITISH RAILWAYS'.

Intriguing, and certainly one for me!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

https://www.rail-online.co.uk/p57769627/h269cba8#h269cba8

In this (rather distinctive) livery?

Five figure GWR cast plates with just the '6' polished / painted; large hand-painted '6' on the cab (and radiator?); GWR-style 'BRITISH RAILWAYS'.

Intriguing, and certainly one for me!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Looking at the picture in model Rail, yes it is in that livery, the 6 on the cab end is clearly visible and it is just possible to make out the 6 (and only the 6) on the numberplate.

5 hours ago, dibber25 said:

I've had 18000 in mind for years and put it forward on numerous occasions, but so far, no takers. (CJL)

Everyone knows you’re a man of taste. Perhaps its time will come if the GT3 project comes to fruition. Perhaps a prompt will come from a different direction with all the requests for early AC electrics. Design a tooling that could produce a Class 80 and 18100 and suddenly people will want 18000 too.

Won’t they? Especially when they hear another turbine sound project?

• Agree 1

Excellent news. I will go for this pair:

MR-501: WD green, 70271 --> should go well with the rail gun. The loco was involved in a sad incident on the LMR in 1956 though.
MR-603: BR green, wasp stripes, 15224 --> hard time choosing which of the Bulleids. They did not last long enough in Blue. Black was a choice too, however this particular loco had a rich history and is preserved.

1 hour ago, No Decorum said:

Everyone knows you’re a man of taste. Perhaps its time will come if the GT3 project comes to fruition. Perhaps a prompt will come from a different direction with all the requests for early AC electrics. Design a tooling that could produce a Class 80 and 18100 and suddenly people will want 18000 too.

Won’t they? Especially when they hear another turbine sound project?

I love 18000's looks but I sometimes wonder if I would have enjoyed how it sounded or smelled. Having lived under the Heathrow flightpath for half my life, I guess the sound and the smell might be all too familiar! However, 18000 would be a bit big and too streamlined for Model Rail. We've just done a steam loco that looks like a garden shed, now we're doing a diesel that looks like a bunch of tin lockers nailed together! I guess what it lacked in beauty, it made up for with pretty colour schemes - and there are loads to choose from!. (CJL)

• Like 1