East Midland Trains Class 156

charliepetty

These units have proved very popular, so much so that we are running out, so if anyone wants any may I suggest you

'Pull your finger out'As once they have gone, there gone.

The Models were: 

East Midlands Trains

156405 (52405/57405) Derby-Crewe  (Sold Out)     Rails of Sheffield still have a few I believe, possibly Hattons too.

156406 (52406/57406) Nottingham-Worksop (Running Low)

156410 (52410/57410) Nottingham-Skegness (OK Currently)

156473 (52473/57473) Lincoln-Leicester  (Running Low)

A big thank you to everyone who has supported the project, without you we couldnt do what we enjoy doing.      Arran & Charlie

PPS Roll on the Provincial!

Realtrack Artwork 156-115 156405 EMT (003).jpg

Edited by charliepetty
error
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I really want 156473 to go with my 156410 but I’ve got to now help pay for my dads care in a care home.  Hopefully you’ll still have one when I’m in a position to purchase.

Edited by jools1959
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

"These units have proved very popular".

I wish the same could be said of the prototypes, but it can't. They are slow, uncomfortable, often overcrowded and overdue for replacement. The only saving grace is that they're not Pacers.   When replaced with a Meridian on the Leicester-Lincoln that is much appreciated. Let's see what the new franchise contract brings.

You'll still have your model when they're gone!

Dava

On 12/07/2019 at 12:01, Bill Radford said:

Dava - They are the height of luxury when we get one to replace the 153 on the Derby to Crewe service!!!

If the units were allocated to services they were designed for IE Shorter runs with many stops to use the exceleration to the best then no real issues, But Liverpool to Norwich NO.  Class 158s really are not suitable for that either.

Voyagers & Meridians & 180s would be fine with the East Coast HSTs / Class 67s + Mk 4s on the longer runs.

In Leeds given a choice I would rather in the Rush Hour 'only' have 2 X 150s & a Pacer on the rear as for the average commuter time of 40 minutes its either sitting in a 90 seat Pacer or standing in a 4 car 150.

Give people a choice.    How can you get to the toilet when the two car 150/155/158 is rammed full anyway !!!!!

Charlie

Rammed Full 150.jpg

Rammed full 150-1.jpg

Edited by charliepetty
error
  • Like 1

The problems are very deep with the franchise and the wider subject as to how the entire network is run it would take a very lengthy post to cover in full but there are serious issues in the foundations of the system. The Sprinter fleet were only intended for a 30 year life and yet we still have them. Class 158 units in some cases have even been sagging around the doors they are so worn out. Whilst the 156 units had a solid build they are really towards the end of their useful life. On another note it is interesting the cutting back of the route to Nottingham as it will be a useful East West link gone. At a time the government are trying to open another East West route e.g. Cambridge to Oxford! When you travel on networks abroad and compare it is such a strategic mess the UK network.

On 14/07/2019 at 16:13, cs233 said:

The problems are very deep with the franchise and the wider subject as to how the entire network is run it would take a very lengthy post to cover in full but there are serious issues in the foundations of the system. The Sprinter fleet were only intended for a 30 year life and yet we still have them. Class 158 units in some cases have even been sagging around the doors they are so worn out. Whilst the 156 units had a solid build they are really towards the end of their useful life. On another note it is interesting the cutting back of the route to Nottingham as it will be a useful East West link gone. At a time the government are trying to open another East West route e.g. Cambridge to Oxford! When you travel on networks abroad and compare it is such a strategic mess the UK network.

Many 15x  units in recent years have had alot of rebuilding!  I recall seeing a 150 and it was being held together with scaffolding, whilst its chassis/body was worked on!  After that - multiple units form a platform that you then just add refurbished bogies and engine, when the reach a certain mileage/ worn out.  Pretty simple, really.

Best Regards,

C.

• 2 weeks later...

GREATER ANGLIA:

You could,nt make this up!

The New Stadler Units (Bi-Modal) will not be able to stop at certain stations out of Norwich as some platfiorms are too short, these 'NEW' units I have been told don't have selective door locking.  Even though all the old units they are replacing (1, 2 & 3 Car sets do)  Silly Eh.

If this is true it would seem that GA & the Leasing Company Management 'Again' don't know much about real railways.

Very Sad.      Charlie

PPS At least when Hornby make it they will have a good excuse!!!

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, charliepetty said:

GREATER ANGLIA:

You could,nt make this up!

The New Stadler Units (Bi-Modal) will not be able to stop at certain stations out of Norwich as some platfiorms are too short, these 'NEW' units I have been told don't have selective door locking.  Even though all the old units they are replacing (1, 2 & 3 Car sets do)  Silly Eh.

If this is true it would seem that GA & the Leasing Company Management 'Again' don't know much about real railways.

Very Sad.      Charlie

PPS At least when Hornby make it they will have a good excuse!!!

<cough>

They do have SDO, it's not working correctly yet

Edited by beast66606

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Charlie, I don't wish to sound offensive or anything, but I thought they were all limited edition runs of 125?

I'm just a little confused with your first comment on this thread saying the units are selling out, and when they are gone, they are gone, to the last comment, saying more of the EMT Livery have arrived.....

Best Wishes,

C.