no reply from locomotiomodels

ef57

I see that I am not the first to complain about this.  Ordered the stirling single on July 24.  received acknowledgement.  shipment never confirmed.  two emails not answered, although my payment was speedily accepted.  unprofessional.  please help!

Guest Locomotion No. 3

As a member of the Locomotion Models team, this is the first we have heard of this. We did ask anyone through this forum with any outstanding issues to contact us. 

My only surprise is it has taken 12 months to make us aware of the issue. Now we are we can resolve it. Please PM with your contact details and I will get someone to contact you.

Having thought we had resolved all the outstanding issues from the inherited distribution problems, it is clear that we haven't! However, we can only resolve problems if they are brought to our attention, clearly 12 months is a long time and as the issues were well publicised on this forum and elsewhere, I am amazed ef57 did not scream before today.

A new team was put in place at Locomotion Models at the end of last year. Since then we have worked hard to resolve issues and to rebuild the brand to its previously high standing within the model railway community.

Stirling Singles are now almost sold out - so if anyone else ordered one and has not received it please contact us without further delay.

Dennis Lovett

Exclusive Models Marketing Executive

Locomotion Models

Excuse me but as I said I ordered it on july 24, i.e. 3 weeks ago.  You acknowledged my order the same day as nr. 51KOXG1T107436.  I first queried by replying to the acknowledgement — as the beatles said, no reply — and then again using the contact button on your website.  My name is george dunkel.   I have no Idea what you mean about 12 months or a PM.  Thank you for any help you can provide and I hope the same doesn‘t happen with my order for the Terrier.  

You already have my contact details, both on my order and on the contact message I sent to your website.  There are two other posts just recently above on the same problem, that‘s why I decided to write here.   I don‘t want to be contacted, I want my Sterling single, which has long been paid for.

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, ef57 said:

Excuse me but as I said I ordered it on july 24, i.e. 3 weeks ago.  You acknowledged my order the same day as nr. 51KOXG1T107436.  I first queried by replying to the acknowledgement — as the beatles said, no reply — and then again using the contact button on your website.  My name is george dunkel.   I have no Idea what you mean about 12 months or a PM.  Thank you for any help you can provide and I hope the same doesn‘t happen with my order for the Terrier.  

Because you put the date as July 24 (both in the reply and in the original comment) it has been assumed the order is 12 months old, a typo maybe but also an understandable mistake until they can pull up your order, which is unlikely to have been ordered as ef57 so they had nothing to go on.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, ef57 said:

PM stands for 'Private message' - a way of contacting forum members PRIVATELY - a far more sensible course of action than public ranting on here (unless you failed to get a response via that method)

Locomotion models also have their own 'contact us via e-mail' facility here http://www.locomotionmodels.com/contact-us.htm (which includes a telephone number and even a postal address should you wish to use Royal mail to make contact).

Can I respectfully suggest you do as Denis / Locomotion no. 3 says and use the PM facility for further correspondence (Click on Locomotion No3s icon and select the 'message button from the profile page).

Edited by phil-b259

It‘s amazing that people reply to a post without reading it.  Yes I did mis-state the month, but given that it was followed by „i.e. three weeks ago“, I should have thought the error was self-correcting.  Thanks for the info about the website, phil-b, but I have already said twice that I have tried that.   I always thought PM meant prime minister, especially in England.  Sorry about the ranting, but a look at the posts „Is there anyone there at Locomotion“ and „Ordering from Locomotion“ shows that I am not alone with these problems, which surprise me since I thought I was dealing with some kind of reputable semi-official heritage museum.

OK guys, now you can start nattering about how silly I am.

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, ef57 said:

I see that I am not the first to complain about this.  Ordered the stirling single on July 24.  received acknowledgement.  shipment never confirmed.  two emails not answered, although my payment was speedily accepted.  unprofessional.  please help!

1 minute ago, ef57 said:

It‘s amazing that people reply to a post without reading it.  Yes I did mis-state the month, but given that it was followed by „i.e. three weeks ago“, I should have thought the error was self-correcting.  Thanks for the info about the website, phil-b, but I have already said twice that I have tried that.   I always thought PM meant prime minister, especially in England.  Sorry about the ranting, but a look at the posts „Is there anyone there at Locomotion“ and „Ordering from Locomotion“ shows that I am not alone with these problems, which surprise me since I thought I was dealing with some kind of reputable semi-official heritage museum.

Cough - there is no evidence of three weeks ago in the original post, unless it's written in invisible ink ? and as that was the post that Locomotion replied to I think you are being more than a bit unfair. They haven't replied since your orignal post.

Have you tried

By Phone:
Tel: LocomotionModels 01904 685785

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, ef57 said:

If you haven't taken the time to navigate your way around this forum and how it works then before further unnecessary grieving I suggest you so do.For instance,find your way to Forum Rules and have a read of those.They are for your benefit and for all.This includes Locomotion and all their own forum members...No.3 being the latest.I believe it states that if you have an issue or dispute then the best and courteous way to settle it is via a personal message to the other party.This prevents upset and anyone making a fool of himself by suggesting in a fluster of hot spleen that members of this forum don't read what you print. We ARE a community and we HELP each other in a constructive manner.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

Guest Locomotion No. 3

Once we had established that the date was June 24th rather than a year ago, we have been able to interrogate our system and have established that for some reason the order was not picked up for processing. For this I can only apologise, it is not good enough and new measures are being put in place to make sure it does not happen again.

We have ef57's order and payment. The order will be processed on Tuesday when our mail order operation reopens.

Again, I can only apologise but if it had been brought to our attention earlier, then we could have resolved it.

Dennis Lovett

Exclusive Models Marketing Executive

Locomotion Models

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

I had the misfortune to be in retail some years ago. :D

It's tricky. On the one hand the golden rule is "the customer is always right", on the other, as Sun-Tzu says "never interrupt your enemy while they are making a mistake".

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I suppose that it is a compliment to RMweb that people who are not long-term members, or at least have very few posts to their name, use the forum's status to put a lever under a supplier's stone. Obviously I am pleased to note Locomotion have stepped up and apologised, and the matter now seems sorted. But is this really how we, never mind the suppliers, want RMweb to be perceived - as a public clearing house for others' problems?

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

I suppose that it is a compliment to RMweb that people who are not long-term members, or at least have very few posts to their name, use the forum's status to put a lever under a supplier's stone. Obviously I am pleased to note Locomotion have stepped up and apologised, and the matter now seems sorted. But is this really how we, never mind the suppliers, want RMweb to be perceived - as a public clearing house for others' problems?

There are plenty of others forums which do seem to be used as a clearing house. One of the things I noticed when I first joined RMWeb, and have continued to notice, is the lack of such content. Long may it continue.

• Agree 2

Thank you Mr. Lovett, my frown has given way to a smile.

As to the two preceding comments, I would mention that the upside to complaints is that problems get corrected.  That was evidently the case for the two above-mentioned previous complainants (plaintiffs?), and it was their precedent which encouraged me to rage about a bit here—and lo, I‘ll soon get my beautiful Stirling.  I understand the importance of a non-hostile environment and tone, but I wouldn‘t have had to freak out had the normal channels availed.  I mean, Locomotion is not Hatton‘s—how many orders can they get per day?  Someone‘s just not very interested in selling locos.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

In 6 hours its gone from public complaint to resolution.

Thats a pretty good turn around, considering an internet forum, unrelated to the site in question was the vehicle, and still picked up and sorted by the source.

imagine how fast it could have been solved by phoning them.

(for context I was one of the “missing” last year, and had to go to an extraordinary measure to get it resolved, but resolved it was, and now my confidence to them is restored as demonstrated by my praise above).

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, ef57 said:

" ... rage about a bit here ..."

Whatever your feelings about the issue, it would have been polite to the established group members not to have 'barged-in', ranting and raving.

A less intrusive approach would have achieved exactly the same result; possibly even sooner; and certainly without creating the reasonable animosity that you have encountered.

Perhaps you may wish to go out, and come in again in a more reasonable frame of mind?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Agree 8

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, ef57 said:

Thank you Mr. Lovett, my frown has given way to a smile.

As to the two preceding comments, I would mention that the upside to complaints is that problems get corrected.  That was evidently the case for the two above-mentioned previous complainants (plaintiffs?), and it was their precedent which encouraged me to rage about a bit here—and lo, I‘ll soon get my beautiful Stirling.  I understand the importance of a non-hostile environment and tone, but I wouldn‘t have had to freak out had the normal channels availed.  I mean, Locomotion is not Hatton‘s—how many orders can they get per day?  Someone‘s just not very interested in selling locos.

Yes exactly, and as they aren’t a big retail shop, I would be very surprised if they had the shop manned everyday! Considering you joined within the last 24 hours, it’s not exactly a great start to your forum membership to see you ranting and raving in your first post! Doesn’t go down well around here. A little politeness goes a long way ef57.

• Agree 5

I was intending to withdraw from this discussion, which I shall anon, but since you people are evidently fans of „close reading“, a few comments are in order first.

1. „A little politeness goes a long way“: in my posts occur the words „please, excuse me, thank you“ and „sorry“ (the last two twice).  In the replies occur, referring to me, the expressions „ranting and raving (twice—once referring to my extremely bland first post!), making a fool of yourself, barging in (cough — you mean posting on a topic that has already come up twice before and was resolved, which gave me hope that I could get my loco this way?  For this attitude I suppose every new thread is a „barging-in“), public ranting, more than a bit unfair, unnecessary grieving, fluster of hot spleen, your enemy is making a mistake (is it a mistake that my order will now be processed in a few days?)“.  On the other hand I have not noticed a single one of my polite words in any reply.  But this, I am to understand, is just  „reasonable animosity“.

Please (whoops, there I go again!) can someone point out any actual impoliteness in my posts?  I admit I used the expressions „ranting“ and  „raging about a bit“, but that was (obviously, as I thought, especially to suble Brits) some self-deprecating humor, especially applying it to myself in the absence of any justification.  I also admit I was a bit snarky about Locomotion, but that was the point: I was annoyed about the problem, and Mr. Lovett has honestly admittped that my order fell between the cracks.

2. People don‘t read the posts before replying (or immediately forget what was in them, I had neglected that possibility): see above on my fruitless attempt to use the webside contact button and now  add „imagine how fast it could have been resolved if you had phoned them“: please (whoops!) read the post I have several times referred to, „Is there anyone there at Locomotion?“ He called „a few times“ from Australia; I didn‘t want to try this from Switzerland.

3. Patting yourself on the back that this forum led to a resolution: that is perfectly true,  but it also shows that the staff at Locomotion read this forum more than their own e-mail and contact forms.

Knowing the excellent level of Latin competence in England please (goddammit!) allow me to conclude with: Illegitimis non carborundum.

• RMweb Gold

Despite your somewhat 'interesting' introduction, Welcome to the forum and I hope you find much enjoyment and interest in being a member.

Stu

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1