If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

locoshed book 1973

Guest Gordywh

Guest Gordywh

Looking for scanned pdf copy of locoshed book giving old numbers/new tops numbers and allocations, and also if possible same year Ian Allan diesel/electric locomotive spotter books giving some locomotive info. I think the year was 1972 or 1973 where the new/old numbers were first published.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Gordywh said:

Looking for scanned pdf copy of locoshed book giving old numbers/new tops numbers and allocations, and also if possible same year Ian Allan diesel/electric locomotive spotter books giving some locomotive info. I think the year was 1972 or 1973 where the new/old numbers were first published.

I have [or had] them somewhere..the quesion is where? 1972 was pre-TOPS so the changeover is more likely 1973, after which I stopped spotting!

Will look, dont hold breath...

• RMweb Gold

The 1974 Combined Volume has a long list of Peaks that were going to be renumbered once it had been decided whether or not to fit ETH, or something like that. And something similar was happening with the 86s, possibly to do with refurbished bogies?

Guest Gordywh

Thank you all for your quick informative responses.

Hi woodenhead, I used to have a copy of the 1976 book with the black cover Laira depot with Western and 47 Brush. I would be interested in the 1976 last publication of old/new numbers.

Hi melmoth, I would be interested in the locomotive info sections.