Early Railways article in Garden Rail

Sorry if this has been highlighted already:

I suspect most Early Railways modellers don't normally browse Garden Rail, but the July issue is worth checking out. There's an article by, David Viewing, explaining how he uses 3D printing methods to produce some very nice gauge 1 models of railways of the 1830s-1840s. Even if you're turned off by the CAD discussion, there are a few inspiring photos.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Administrators

Photo2.jpg

It's a fascinating article, which is why I gave over more space than ever before to a single piece. To be honest, the text was so well written, I couldn't see any way of cutting anything out to make it shorter.

It's also an excellent look at 3D printing with results that will make people interested in having a go. 

Get in quick though, the next issue is out on Thursday!

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold

Does he offer them on Shapeways? It’s a cracking article but I can’t see me investing in a new pc and 3D printer to have a go ;) but I might be tempted to have one to run on my G scale track if they are done commercially :) 

• Like 1

This is surely a conspiracy, this steady drip-feeding of quality versions of the Bury locos and even Harvey Combe but all in large scales.

What future do my own attempts at EM versions hold in the face of this onslaught?

Grrr!!

Edited by Boston Lodge
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1