PM conversations - general query

• RMweb Gold

I hope nobody minds me asking this:

A while back, I sent someone a PM, about stuff that was relevant then, but isn't now.

Based on the"flags" in "my" personal messaging space of this site, it looks like they haven't opened the message - and, due to the passage of time, I don't think there's anything in this particular PM that would interest them now.

Is there any way I'd be able to completely "kill" / delete the conversation in question from my end, so as not to clog up their inbox with stuff that's no longer relevant - or would I need to wait for them to open / read it?

Huw.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

I always wait until GCHQ have read my stuff before deleting........

2 hours ago, Roddy Angus said:

Feel free to delete it now.

Priceless - definitely my sort of humour.

Greatly appreciated, too - especially with all the sleepless nights I've recently been getting (a long story - and not relevant here).

Many thanks, guys.

Huw.

Edited by Huw Griffiths

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Roddy Angus said:

Feel free to delete it now.

R

I did wonder about building a branchline with a station called Echelon. with connections to Trident and Polaris.  Sorry Andy Y if you get a visit tomorrow

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Hmmm ... "watch word bingo".

We'd probably only need to add (-- censored --)  and (-- redacted --) to the list - and a few of us might soon be hearing from the "men in black".

Oh well, here goes -----------

Edited by Huw Griffiths
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

There is a friend who is also a member on here who works in the defence industry, whenever I send texts I throw in the odd word like 'GCHQ' or 'al qaeda' just to keep him on his toes ....it does say something when he gives me a USB stick with railway info on, and the stick is the shape of a guided missile....:O

• Funny 2