Hydro hold-alls and Touax timber 2-for-1 from RevolutioN (OO - IWA Wagon)

surfsup

• 2 months later...

Mike / Ben,

I am keen to place a pre-order for both the Holdalls and IPA car carriers but am not clear how to do this - is this because you are not open for pre-orders as yet or am I not understanding how to use your website?  I noticed the IPA page suggested order book closing in December and don't want to miss out!

M

55 minutes ago, Ben A said:

Hi Matt,

The order book will open when the CADs are complete and we need to raise the funds for tooling to begin.  If you keep an eye on our website the information will be there.

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben, will it be announced on here too when the book is opened for these? Ta

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

I am sure it will be clear when the book will be opens, and it will stay open right until we are ready to send the production order.

However, the earlybird pricing intended to generate the funds to get the thing to critical mass will not.

If you currently receive newsletters from us then you'll receive information about any upcoming milestones.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Great to see the order book open for these, the page talks of four packs, but does not say anything about wagon numbers. Would you have the wagon numbers to hand? I post on here, as no doubt other RMWebbers would be interested to know. 

3 hours ago, 159220 said:

Great to see the order book open for these, the page talks of four packs, but does not say anything about wagon numbers. Would you have the wagon numbers to hand? I post on here, as no doubt other RMWebbers would be interested to know. 

Has the order book opened? I can't find any reference on the website or in my email inbox. 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, surfsup said:

Has the order book opened? I can't find any reference on the website or in my email inbox. 

It was in the newsletter that went out this week and on our website on the Project page. 

We haven’t selected numbers yet for each pack just liveries. 

cheers Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, red death said:

It was in the newsletter that went out this week and on our website on the Project page. 

We haven’t selected numbers yet for each pack just liveries. 

cheers Mike

Thanks both! I must have missed that email then, will look to place my order this week! 

3 hours ago, Shoey said:

Snap! Really looking forward to these. Just hoping these KSA’s will follow to compliment the KFA’s.

2E3B97CC-B405-4FE5-9B30-1E3CAD61E6B3.jpeg

8F00B994-F365-49C9-89E2-2312CE5775A9.jpeg

I completely agree, I may have been partly responsible for pestering both Ben's of Heljan and Revolution for these over the past few months (Sorry both! :) ). Maybe  hopefully! 

• Like 2

Ordered a single 4mm Norsk Hydro twin pack on Monday night as soon as I saw that the thread had updated.

All I have to do now is scratch build two curtain side IPA wagons to go with them.

Edited by Flood
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, classy52 said:

When is the expected completion & delivery for the KFA log carriers?

Experience has taught us that predicting timeframes only sets false expectations and that it is better to keep people up to date with progress. As a rough idea with no problems we’d expect tooling to start very soon (probably after CNY now) which might take 2-3 months then samples and deco samples. 

Again assuming no problems then production begins (after we’ve closed the order book) which takes as long as necessary depending on how many need to be produced. 

Realistically from now to finishing production we’re probably looking at 6-9 months assuming there are no issues but we won’t rush things to meet that sort of timetable - we’d rather get things right. 

cheers Mike

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, red death said:

Experience has taught us that predicting timeframes only sets false expectations and that it is better to keep people up to date with progress. As a rough idea with no problems we’d expect tooling to start very soon (probably after CNY now) which might take 2-3 months then samples and deco samples. 

Again assuming no problems then production begins (after we’ve closed the order book) which takes as long as necessary depending on how many need to be produced. 

Realistically from now to finishing production we’re probably looking at 6-9 months assuming there are no issues but we won’t rush things to meet that sort of timetable - we’d rather get things right. 

cheers Mike

Ok thanks for the information.

The reason I asked is that I want to purchase all 4 KFA Timber Carrier packs but as you don't offer other payment options and only credit/debit card or bank transfer I have to carefully plan this purchase and leave it as late as possible on or right before you close the order book thus will now be keeping an eye on that day and then make the purchase at the cut-off. 

Btw just a heads up, on your website the KFA Timber Carrier Twin Pack #4 shows a Hooded Cargowaggon photo and not the Timber Carrier.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, classy52 said:

Ok thanks for the information.

The reason I asked is that I want to purchase all 4 KFA Timber Carrier packs but as you don't offer other payment options and only credit/debit card or bank transfer I have to carefully plan this purchase and leave it as late as possible on or right before you close the order book thus will now be keeping an eye on that day and then make the purchase at the cut-off. 

Btw just a heads up, on your website the KFA Timber Carrier Twin Pack #4 shows a Hooded Cargowaggon photo and not the Timber Carrier.

Thanks for the heads up - I've just corrected it.

For info - we do offer payment options, you can either pay in full or pay a deposit now and the balance when the models are about to arrive.

Cheers Mike

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, red death said:

Thanks for the heads up - I've just corrected it.

For info - we do offer payment options, you can either pay in full or pay a deposit now and the balance when the models are about to arrive.

Cheers Mike

Thanks Mike...I like to make payments using PayPal rather straight off my Visa debit card but no worries it's all good.

So glad you guys are doing the KFA timber wagons as well as the other stuff I'm really interested in, i.e. Ecofrets & IPA's, thus apart from Accurascale I'm also gravitating towards Revolution as my main source of purchases in 2020 ;)

Cheers

Steve

On 17/07/2019 at 08:34, Ben A said:

The prototypes are just under 21m long.

cheers

Ben A.

On 17/07/2019 at 08:43, wandering blue said:

20760mm buffer to buffer according to data sheet on Touaxrail website.

http://www.touaxrail.com/sites/touax/files/Sfins 2.pdf

Sorry to bring this up again, but the pics on the website if you zoom in say 27m long. Is the illustration wrong?

Cheers