Hydro hold-alls and Touax timber 2-for-1 from RevolutioN (OO - IWA Wagon)

surfsup

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Sorry to bring this up again, but the pics on the website if you zoom in say 27m long. Is the illustration wrong?

Cheers

Hi Tom,

Yes, the illustration is really just a placeholder.  It’s not to scale and intended purely to give those ordering a quick visual reminder of the model they are choosing.

The proper livery diagrams the factory will work to will be prepared when we are ready to produce decorated samples; these are some way off as the model has only just started tooling.  

cheers

Ben A.

• Thanks 1

Hi Ben, Mike,

Will these be sold in individual boxes with a card sleeve like the OO scale TEA triple packs or both wagons in one foam insert?

I'm considering going 50/50 with a friend and two separate boxes would be easier.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, D9502 said:

Will these be sold in individual boxes with a card sleeve like the OO scale TEA triple packs or both wagons in one foam insert?

We haven't designed the packaging yet, but for ease of postage almost certainly the latter.

Cheers Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just so you guys are aware I've noticed a livery variation on the Norsk Hydro wagons.

The vast majority are as per your photo of 83 80 474 1 010-8P with the ship and Hydro at each end and Isis Group to the far right (as seen in 1990):

https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/ferrynorskhydro/e3c893b7d

The first batch seem to have had the ship to the left hand end and Isis Group to the right hand end:

https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/ferrynorskhydro/e2eb35418

but these were changed to be like the others prior to 1990.

I'm sure you will only bother with the later "twin ship" style but I thought you might like to know in case anyone mentions it in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

Yes, thanks.  I had noticed there was some variation but I hadn’t twigged that the first batch had the larger ISIS badge.

For the time being we are doing the version with the two Norsk logos as you suspected - I am just about to prepare the painting diagrams funnily enough - but it’s entirely possible that we would look at other variants in another few years.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
60047 10/11

https://flic.kr/p/zYTvW5

Thanks to Mike, for helping sort out my ordering last night, I have ordered a rake of 10. These will be fantastic wagons from the quality of the previous TEA and MMA’s and great to see more wagons in OO from you both.

I recently found this photo on Flickr which shows some full size fresh out of the box wagons which will be easy to create when these come out along with a Hornby 60.

Cheers

Mark

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

be easy to create when these come out along with a Hornby 60.

Unfortunately in my case I am interested in the period after Colas sold their 60s, so would have to be a Colas 70 or 56 I think. I want the 70 but they are £170 in the very few places I can see them which is more than I want to spend for a model of that quality.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Just now, Ben A said:

Hi there,

I am not sure if it helps, but Colas have hired in the occasional Freightliner 70 for the logs.  I saw this at Carlisle last year.

58C198D7-ACE1-427D-8B35-14404AFBE645.jpeg.45a383d9f2bdc8189794b8a083386581.jpeg

Cheers

Ben A.

That is useful! They are far more readily available

• Like 1

I'm sure sometime in the future, Bachmann will do another Colas 70, and these wagons will increase demand further.  

Just a passing thought.  Its a good job the Class 70's fire issues are sorted, otherwise the load could end up as cinders!  Wonder if any of  the drivers carry Mashmallows just in case?

Regards,

C.

1 hour ago, dogbox321 said:

I'm sure sometime in the future, Bachmann will do another Colas 70

Probably, that's why I aren't rushing into paying £170 for one at the moment when we don't have an ETA on these yet. When these are further on I'll get a bit more twitchy!

Not my photo, but looking through Flickr today...this gem appeared: 

Log store

Cannot really say no to ordering these nows, but hate to ask (I know I did before but were waiting for it to be confirmed), what wagon numbers are A-D? Yes, I like wagon numbers! Some numbers are lucky, some aren't. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi 159220,

The numbers have been selected on the basis of photographs I have, and they are subject to possible change, but at the moment they are:

Set A - 83 84 3523  011-8, 83 84 3523  034-0

Set B - 83 84 3523  019-1, 83 84 3523  036-5
Set C - 83 84 3523  022-5, 83 84 3523 043-1

Set D - 83 84 3523  023-3, 83 84 3523  045-6

HTH,

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Premium
On 04/05/2020 at 09:45, TomScrut said:

Probably, that's why I aren't rushing into paying £170 for one at the moment when we don't have an ETA on these yet. When these are further on I'll get a bit more twitchy!

You need to look a bit more.

£156 at Hattons.

3 left as I type.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, newbryford said:

You need to look a bit more.

£156 at Hattons.

3 left as I type.

Thanks, but I can't see them anywhere! Just has "add to wishlist" next to the original listing and any second hand ones I could see.

The only places I could see with stock were Olivia's and Malcs Models both at £170.

55 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Thanks, but I can't see them anywhere! Just has "add to wishlist" next to the original listing and any second hand ones I could see.

The only places I could see with stock were Olivia's and Malcs Models both at £170.

I purchased one last night at 10pm after someone posted there was stock of the Colas 70's for £156 at Hattons in the Colas Class 70 thread and there were 6 left at the time, they then sold out within a couple of hours after I got mine...it was pure chance for me.

I will now get all 4 packs of the IWA's which should go very nicely with the Colas 70.

Edited by classy52
  • Like 1

Lol when did they come into stock then? I have been looking on and off for a while!

Oddly enough I saw yesterday there was some new ish Bachmann stuff in stock (I presume stock from another shop) but didn't see any 70s.

Edited by TomScrut