Hydro hold-alls and Touax timber 2-for-1 from RevolutioN (OO - IWA Wagon)

surfsup

Just now, TomScrut said:

Lol when did they come into stock then? I have been looking on and off for a while!

No idea mate, it was pure luck for me and completely forgot I had that Colas 70 thread in my feed and it popped up with the post that Hattons had them and apparently they started with 8 in stock yesterday but all gone by late evening.

I had stopped looking for them a few weeks ago and was hoping Bachmann would do another run and then this came along.

I am now following said thread!

If I'd have been following it I'd have probably ended up with one as I was awake when the that post was made. Unfortunately I was asleep when @newbryford posted (thanks very much anyway) and they went in the meantime.

My biggest regret in fairness is not buying a  near perfect sound one for £190 (that was their counter offer it wasn't listed at that) from Rails on eBay a few months back. At the time I didn't realise they were hot property!

Anyway. I'm sure I'll find something to pull these wagons, I'd like it to be something in Colas livery because I only have one other colas loco.

1 minute ago, TomScrut said:

Anyway. I'm sure I'll find something to pull these wagons, I'd like it to be something in Colas livery because I only have one other colas loco.

Yeah I only have 2 Colas 67's in both Charlotte & Stella (an excellent Derails renumbered/renamed model done by GC Weathering I think?) thus really wanted a Colas 70 for Revolutions IWA's.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, classy52 said:

Yeah I only have 2 Colas 67's in both Charlotte & Stella (an excellent Derails renumbered/renamed model done by GC Weathering I think?)

They certainly were done by GC weathering! They did a cracking job and we use them for pretty much all of our loco modifications, their weathering is second to none.

[Sorry for the off-topic]

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Derails Models said:

They certainly were done by GC weathering! They did a cracking job and we use them for pretty much all of our loco modifications, their weathering is second to none.

[Sorry for the off-topic]

Absolutely Danny and was lucky to get that off you on eBay...I always seem to be late on the Colas stuff lol.

Sorry Ben for going off topic again but yes can't wait for Revolutions IWA timber carriers as they will be superb :good:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, sc2016 said:

Hi, Just a quick question, i know that the hooded versions ventured into cornwall but did the timber conversions ever venture down so far? 

Thanks,

Samuel. 

I can't say for Cornwall but they did venture into Devon as Timber Carriers - often found mixed with the KFA (ex Cargowaggon type) on the Teigngrace & Riverside Yard logs. 

Rich  

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, sc2016 said:

Hi, Just a quick question, i know that the hooded versions ventured into cornwall but did the timber conversions ever venture down so far? 

Thanks,

Samuel. 

Very unlikely Samuel. I think the farthest west these wagons have been is Newton Abbot for the Teigngrace traffic. I don’t think there has been any timber traffic in Cornwall in the modern era. 

Edited by Western Aviator
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, surfsup said:

I can't say for Cornwall but they did venture into Devon as Timber Carriers - often found mixed with the KFA (ex Cargowaggon type) on the Teigngrace & Riverside Yard logs. 

Rich  

5 hours ago, Western Aviator said:

Very unlikely Samuel. I think the farthest west these wagons have been is Newton Abbot for the Teigngrace traffic. I don’t think there has been any timber traffic in Cornwall in the modern era. 

Thanks @surfsup & @Western Aviator for replying.

I thought that they didn't venture into Cornwall but when looking up on the subject there was a website stating that they did visit Cornwall but with no evidence of where or when they did i thought i would ask on here just in case anybody know either way. 

Samuel. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sc2016 said:

Thanks @surfsup & @Western Aviator for replying.

I thought that they didn't venture into Cornwall but when looking up on the subject there was a website stating that they did visit Cornwall but with no evidence of where or when they did i thought i would ask on here just in case anybody know either way. 

Samuel. 

No problem. I've got a few on order and wouldn't mind ordering a few more ultimately - something for the future though (job dependant!) 

Rich 

• RMweb Premium

Order placed last night at the early bird price for 8 of these twin packs. With home being just a few miles from Chirk as the crow flies and now temporarily staying just down the road from Baglan yard, then these are a must have.

They will go nicely with either my Hornby 60 087 CLIC Sargent or my Bachmann Colas 70 805, where the respective locos on the 2 occasions I've actually photographed the Kronospan logs.

P1170762.JPG.b24ab6acb4baea70d5851bbfbbaa4183.JPG

60 087, Wrexham, 23/07/15

P1180650.JPG.75dbb082552ffffc14cb6ffe5ddc0f32.JPG

70 805, Chester, 30/09/15

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Western Aviator said:

In case you missed it, the early bird discount for these wagons in OO ends at midnight tonight. For the N gauge versions it’s June 30th. 

Thanks, that crept up on me and now to put in the order 4 IWA packs...think I'll do it at 23.58.

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, classy52 said:

Thanks, that crept up on me and now to put in the order 4 IWA packs...think I'll do it at 23.58.

I hope you managed to get your order in, however going forward I’d recommend avoiding waiting until the very last minute as that can overload the website, meaning your order doesn’t register in time.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Friendly/supportive 1

17 minutes ago, Ben A said:

I hope you managed to get your order in, however going forward I’d recommend avoiding waiting until the very last minute as that can overload the website, meaning your order doesn’t register in time.

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben

Yes ordered all 4 IWA packs last night hours before the deadline but was only joking about waiting to 23:58...was sound asleep dreaming of my Bachmann Colas 70 pulling RevolutioN's IWA's on my fictitious layout that doesn't exist yet lol.

Cheers

Steve

• Funny 2

2 hours ago, classy52 said:

Bachmann Colas 70 pulling RevolutioN's IWA's on my fictitious layout that doesn't exist yet

Whereas I have a layout and no 70 :(

Interesting that there is a load of them on eBay at the moment a few weeks after Hattons sold a few

• Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Interesting that there is a load of them on eBay at the moment a few weeks after Hattons sold a few

No proof just my opinion here but I really wouldn’t worry too much about not having a colas 70 just yet. I remember reading somewhere that someone speaking to one of the Bachmann reps was saying that Bachmann had already regretted not producing more of the 70’s in colas colours and going by the amount of different numbers they have done in the Freightliner powerhaul colours, you can bet everything you own that another will appear sooner rather than later! It’s unfortunately clear that those on eBay are profiteers...

Guest Half-full
12 minutes ago, Shoey said:

No proof just my opinion here but I really wouldn’t worry too much about not having a colas 70 just yet. I remember reading somewhere that someone speaking to one of the Bachmann reps was saying that Bachmann had already regretted not producing more of the 70’s in colas colours and going by the amount of different numbers they have done in the Freightliner powerhaul colours, you can bet everything you own that another will appear sooner rather than later! It’s unfortunately clear that those on eBay are profiteers...

Nonsense, how would you know that?  And if they are, what's the harm in it?  No-one is being forced to buy them

19 minutes ago, Half-full said:

Nonsense, how would you know that?  And if they are, what's the harm in it?  No-one is being forced to buy them

That’s why I clearly said at the beginning of my post that it is just my opinion... I didn’t suggest there was any harm in it nor did I say that anyone was being forced to buy them. 

2 hours ago, TomScrut said:

That's too funny but don't worry I'm sure Bachmann will do another run  :yes:...btw did you also order the IWA's?

The train I intend to model with the vans! The Holyhead RTZ workings. Often ran with 6 vans so my 3 packs will be ideal, though i may buy more ;) The weathering looks a challenge!

37405 Penmaenmawr 21st April 2007

(not my photo) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Half-full said:

And if they are, what's the harm in it?  No-one is being forced to buy them

Exactly. But if it is simply a coincidence they are on there then it's a strange one!

The one that went on at £245 BIN is now £199.99