To stimulate discussion, post photos and exchange ideas, and (being an open public forum) help encourage others to try S scale modelling.

What's on your S Scale Workbench?

ScottW

Foollowing our zoom meeting earlier in the week I thought I would share some photos of the Manning Wardle old I class etches and prints.....lots more to do but some progress.

manning1.JPG

manning2.JPG

manning3.JPG

Edited by Timber
  • Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 4 weeks later...

Continuing on with some unfinished wagons:

Here is one of the mineral wagons that I was building in my last post.

10.jpg.d93e1762c2114ae38b753710f57f4173.jpg

And here are two North British Railway open wagons that were started back on page 3 of this thread.

2.jpg.0775b22199a8c0e73c1fce2f96e034a0.jpg

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5

• 2 weeks later...

I have been messing around with the Manning Wardle for a while now, trying to get something finished for our October meeting.  The latest set of etches should be back with me next week.  The 3D prints are starting to take shape.   These are still basic forms with no rivets or special detail.  Adding detail is relatively easy, getting the motor to fit nicely in a small boiler has been more of a challenge. The etches will include the fabric to make the boiler and smokebox etc but for now the 3D printing for now is quicker and easier to get the basics worked out.  Anyway here are a few photos of the body parts with painted chassis and wheels..

manwar0.JPG

manwar1.JPG

manwar2_3887.JPG

manwar3.JPG

Edited by Timber
  • Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Timber said:

I have been messing around with the Manning Wardle for a while now, trying to get something finished for our October meeting.

Ready to show, or ready to sell?