York Show 2020

Guest Locomotion No. 3

Happy Easter!

As it is day two of our virtual appearance at the York show - we have provided an alternative view of our diorama created for us by Model Rail's Peter Marriott. 

A reminder that those planning to take a virtual tour down the road to the Railway Museum at York or to Locomotion at Shildon we are currently closed and will remain so until the "all clear" is sounded.

Stay safe and we will see you sometime later this year!

Dennis Lovett

Locomotion Models

IMG_0396.JPG

• RMweb Gold

Back on the information stand after a nice hot lunch in the cafeteria.

Updated Nov 2022 - Images were lost from this post. As this thread is long dead NONE of my images posted in to it will be reloaded.

Edited by john new
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Reminder we are closed - stay in stay safe.

In the virtual world the crowds are now flooding in. Yesterday's foot fall was a bit down but they are coming in droves today to make up for it.

Image is from our 2017 Twitter feed. (original photographer unknown)

Updated Nov 2022 - Images were lost from this post. As this thread is long dead NONE of my images posted in to it will be reloaded.

Edited by john new
  • Like 1

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, john new said:

In the virtual world the crowds are now flooding in.

I think you and the team are to be congratulated on 'not' putting on a very good show this year. You've done it well and brought a smile. I'm unashamedly nicking a couple of the ideas for our Members Day (not) in Taunton in a couple of weeks. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

Guest Locomotion No. 3

As this is the last day of the virtual York Exhibition, we will do something we can't do on our diorama (or in real life at the moment) and that is to open the door and let you have a look inside.

Hopefully next year we can be at the Racecourse for real!

Dennis Lovett

Locomotion Models

DSC_0094.JPG

True to form,York this year has been a tad expensive, now creeping into three figures from another great array of traders and with a good few hours to go before closing, there may yet be a few more bits to add.

Hats off to the crew for staging virtually the perfect show.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I think you and the team are to be congratulated on 'not' putting on a very good show this year. You've done it well and brought a smile. I'm unashamedly nicking a couple of the ideas for our Members Day (not) in Taunton in a couple of weeks. 

Im not coming to that one as well:-)

Whilst I like to run the layout authentically, I always have a few items of stock either in the buff (brass) or completely off the wall to entertain small children, interested parties or annoy pedants. Amongst other things I have a 2FS Thomas and a finescale Shay! For York this year I was going to bring something which in reality may have made it to York but would never have got anywhere near Somerset! It's part of my slowly growing collection of pre-group eight coupled freight locos and is so ugly it's wonderful. Runs very nicely but still need a crew, coal and a good layer of filth to hide some of the dodgy lining.

20200411_121220.jpg.37edf1d3566c74decb9b1c98d72ba196.jpg

Jerry

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Just met Mal in the cafeteria. Change over time on the Info Stand.

Edited by john new
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Although the virtual queue has cleared outside, people are still coming in.

Edited by john new
  • Like 1

Would've "physically" visited today  - and the few usual waterside "establishments" that this fantastic City has to offer - and that's from a Lancastrian.

Here is an image a mate sent me of York in days well and truly gone by -  we were always out mid to late 70's and as young teenagers we couldn't wait until the 7am departure from Preston -  I think this picture well sums those more relaxed? times up.

Ian

IMG_6123.jpg.9e26013682e5437d19598848411f1620.jpg

Edited by Crisis Rail
  • Like 5