York Show 2020

• RMweb Gold
On 13/04/2020 at 09:30, john new said:

Covers off the stand, step stool float collected. Will the Show guides sell out?

There are still a few Show Guides left as we move into the last afternoon of this year's no-show.. Remember we close half an hour earlier today at 4:30pm (16:30).

We still have traders waiting to take your hard earned cash - why not look them up here; many are still doing mail-order. Stay in, stay safe.

Updated Nov 2022 - Images were lost from this post. As this thread is long dead NONE of my images posted in to it will be reloaded.

Edited by john new
  • Like 1

Monday is always my favoured day to visit - I should have been home on leave, of course, so would have been attending. Unfortunately, this little global issue has put paid to that, on several levels...

However, having followed the advice to support the traders by using mail order, I'm now being quizzed by the Domestic Authorities as to why all these parcels are appearing at home...and she's seen the invoices... :help:

Mark

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, john new said:

knavesmire_stand.jpg

Hmmm,  my lair has been sprung!!,

Usually, I am mostly, ( If  not on a recce or some task of sorts )  lurking somewhere behind that poster!!

Oh and many thanks to Crisis rail for the memories, reminds me of seeing my first 'white cab' ( no. 3 ) after visiting the show in '78,  

cheers

Ken

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D-A-T said:

I’ve been waiting outside for the doors to open for ages....

6D1785A0-AB96-45C7-A921-86AF27C7529E.png

Ah! The inevitable Friday punter (we do not open on Friday, even in the real world).

Or! Has he got the wrong weekend altogether as Easter jumps to different dates each year?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Almost my last tannoy announcement of the weekend -

"Fifteen minutes to go. Please make your last purchases and begin to make your way to the exits.  Thank you all for attending the Show today, whether as visitor, exhibitor, trader or steward. We will be back next year on 3rd April."

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

All step stools now returned.

"We will be closing in five minutes ladies and gentlemen, please make your way to the exits. Thank you for attending. See you again next year".

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

"The virtual York Model Railway Show is now closed for 2020."

We have no video or photos of the breakdown;  however, hopefully, Hornby Magazine will forgive us for sharing this time-lapse footage of their stand being broken down at the recent Basingstoke Show. Watch from approx 17:20 forwards. 

For about the next two hours this will be the scene here in the Knavesmire Stand.

We hope everyone has had as good a weekend as possible under the circumstances.

Edited by john new

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, MartinWales said:

And several stewards deconstructing the show too......

All the stuff we loaded in on Friday to be loaded out. Barriers back too for dismantling and return to Warley, thank you Warley Club.

• Like 2

Guest Locomotion No. 3

A record breakdown, van loaded and there is no traffic queues on the A64 to contend with.

Just shows how we have been living in a virtual rather than the real world during the York show.

Dennis Lovett

Locomotion Models

• RMweb Gold

An ultra quick breakdown, load and trip home for Leysdown and its three operators - now to unload in the sunshine.

leysdown_york_7.jpg.acdd17cacd26c07bdbf1a7a85f7f5fb7.jpg

And then a well earned pint of Bishops Finger!

Edited by adrianmc
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Almost two hours on from the virtual close down at 16:30 and the halls (had we had the show) would almost all now be empty. Time for the team to be dispersing, some for another night in York some to go home.

A big, big thank you to everyone who would have been with us this year on the organising side, exhibiting/trading side, who bought Advance Tickets or would have been an 'on the day" payee. Stay safe and we hope to be back in 2021 and meeting you all then.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, john new said:

Almost two hours on from the virtual close down at 16:30 and the halls (had we had the show) would almost all now be empty. Time for the team to be dispersing, some for another night in York some to go home.

A big, big thank you to everyone who would have been with us this year on the organising side, exhibiting/trading side, who bought Advance Tickets or would have been an 'on the day" payee. Stay safe and we hope to be back in 2021 and meeting you all then.

Thanks John.

Ian

Shortly after 7pm and I am doing my final (virtual) sweep of the venue picking up forgotten bits and pieces (extension leads, stools, layout legs! etc. etc.).

Thank you to all who attended this year's virtual Show. I sincerely hope the current virus crisis will be over by next year and we will be free to meet up in person once again.

York Show 2021 will be on 3/4/5th April.

Signing off

Mal

(Show Manager)

• Like 3

Just need to find where I parked my car and load the empty cake boxes into it. Maggie and I did the Virtual civic tour yesterday but in reality Sheila and I are eating the cinnamon cake at home. At least I do not have to load and then unload the layout when I get home.

Mal has done his usual great job in organising the Show helped by Ken and the rest of the team. Next year we start work on the Show on the 1st April, worrying:o But we look forward to seeing everybody on the 3rd, 4th and 5th.

Take care and as Mal said hopefully the virus crisis will be way behind us by then.

Peter

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BigMal said:

Shortly after 7pm and I am doing my final (virtual) sweep of the venue picking up forgotten bits and pieces (extension leads, stools, layout legs! etc. etc.).

Thank you to all who attended this year's virtual Show. I sincerely hope the current virus crisis will be over by next year and we will be free to meet up in person once again.

Signing off

Mal

(Show Manager)

(Virtual) Pint at the Brigantes, Mr Exhibition Manager?

• Like 1

Thanks for the virtual exhibition.  Haven't missed many York shows in about the last 40 years or so!  Hoping that you are "on" next year and in turn hope to be able to manage along.

Mention of Friday visitors does remind me that three of us travelled over from Dumfries in about the mid 1980s, on a Friday.  Just assumed that the person who suggested it had checked the days and took their word!  We turned up at the race course and thought "this seems very quiet!"  Went off to the North York Moors Railway for the day instead.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BigMal said:

Signing off

Mal

(Show Manager)

False teeth?