York Show 2020

6 hours ago, Lyonesse said:

A week later and there are nine times as many cases (207).  Still not many, of course.  But you do the maths and predict how many cases there will be in a few weeks time.

You are a real Senna the soothsayer aren't you. Do you oft go around wringing your hands and proclaiming "Beware the Ides of March"?

Pack in with the omens of doom, and tell us when the Auguries are good...

Mike

• Agree 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, durham light infantry said:

Do you oft go around wringing your hands and proclaiming "Beware the Ides of March"?

To save the team from unnecessary distractions I've removed his access to the topic. ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Gold
On 06/03/2020 at 00:38, Barry O said:

All being well this will be the second visit to the Show since Mike Cook passed on. (Having been involved with Mike and the show for about 30 years) The show looks to be a good one which Mike would have enjoyed. 

Baz

Why, is it 95% Great Western?

Mike.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Mike.

Nope.. and, strangely enough looking at layouts attending over the years Mike tried to have a variety. Problem was getting to build good exhibition layouts which werent GWR for a long time. He did include Winton, layouts from Dave and Shirley Row,  mike sharman, Ian Futers, tGordon and Maggie Gravet, trams, o gauge American..so you obviuosly missed those non GW layouts....

And never forget that Mike had been brougt up with the LNER..hence..Sinnington...

Baz

• Like 1

10 hours ago, durham light infantry said:

You are a real Senna the soothsayer aren't you. Do you oft go around wringing your hands and proclaiming "Beware the Ides of March"?

Pack in with the omens of doom, and tell us when the Auguries are good...

Mike

Et tu Brute....?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Mike.

We are travelling up from the heart of Great Western territory but will be mainly bringing blue engines - with the occasional red and green one - in 2mm of course! 

20191010_205029.jpg.1f825b51eb124104125d69cc0dd52163.jpg

03-9412551.jpg.54de87280e54b5c548c5a6c28351b137.jpg

1149706569_jpg415(1).jpg.c3fd94f2385ea41b25a89b418c15f4a3.jpg

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, john new said:

It is with considerable reluctance that the Directors of the York Model Railway Show have decided that it is no longer viable to run this year’s Easter event. The continuing uncertainty concerning Covid-19 meant that this decision was inevitable. We regard people’s health and safety of paramount importance.

We will be returning next year when the virus crisis has been (hopefully) resolved and I intend to operate the 2021 Show as 58th (Mk2) as near as possible.

To any intended participants of this year’s Show please bear with me and I will be in touch on an individual basis as soon as possible.

Mal

Further to the above -

If you have bought advance tickets for the 2020 York Model Railway Show PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do NOT contact us at this stage. We will contact you within the next 5 to 7 days. However, if you have not heard from us by the 26th March please either email the Secretary or write to the address that you used to obtain your ticket(s).  Thank you for your help.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

With regard to the advance tickets would it be feasible to give an option for those wishing to attend next year just to keep the 2020 tickets as a substitute?

This would cut down the amount of work for you, which is no doubt very time consuming, plus the expense of return postage costs.

All the best for dealing with the extra admin. etc.  however the wisest decision was made.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, 60027Merlin said:

With regard to the advance tickets would it be feasible to give an option for those wishing to attend next year just to keep the 2020 tickets as a substitute?

This would cut down the amount of work for you, which is no doubt very time consuming, plus the expense of return postage costs.

All the best for dealing with the extra admin. etc.  however the wisest decision was made.

My current understanding is that this will be one of the options offered when Peter contacts purchasers in due course as part of the follow up actions we now need to be implementing.

Just to confirm I will be contacting advance ticket holder over the next 5 to 7 days. We will offer a number of options. Just to add if you have not heard from us by the 26th March could you then please contact me either via the secretary or advance ticket link on the website or write to me at the address from which you originally ordered the tickets.

Your help and patience is very much appreciated.

Peter

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, peterl said:

Just to confirm I will be contacting advance ticket holder over the next 5 to 7 days. We will offer a number of options. Just to add if you have not heard from us by the 26th March could you then please contact me either via the secretary or advance ticket link on the website or write to me at the address from which you originally ordered the tickets.

Your help and patience is very much appreciated.

Peter

Peter

I bought my ticket from a show and cannniot now recall which!  Prime suspects are Stevenage and Stafford.  I do not recall either goving my name to the person who sold me the ticket.  Others may be in the same boat

Chris Foren

Chris you will not be the only one. If you could let me have your contact details and the ticket numbers I will be able to sort. Either PM me or email secretary@yorkshow.org.uk 

Many thanks

Peter

• RMweb Gold

In response to a query received this evening via social media the Show website has been updated. Anyone not seeing the site notices needs to do a forced refresh to clear the cache - it was definitely updated this morning and also a blog post made with full details.

Updated Nov 2022 - Images were lost from this post. As this thread is long dead NONE of my images posted in to it will be reloaded.

Edited by john new
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Quick update re advance tickets. If you have purchased advance ticket you may hang onto them and use them for the 2021 York Model Railway Show. They are not dated so there will be no problems. If however you wish to be refunded the purchase price we will be in touch within the next 5 to 7 days. so you will be able to respond then.

These details will be posted on the website but not until probably late tomorrow. 

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, peterl said:

Quick update re advance tickets. If you have purchased advance ticket you may hang onto them and use them for the 2021 York Model Railway Show. They are not dated so there will be no problems. If however you wish to be refunded the purchase price we will be in touch within the next 5 to 7 days. so you will be able to respond then.

These details will be posted on the website but not until probably late tomorrow. 

Website now updated with the above.

I think that I have contacted all the advance ticket holders that I had email contact details for. If you have not heard from me and wish for a refund please contact me.

If you wish to keep the tickets and use them for the 2021 Show then there is no need to get in touch. The tickets are valid.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BigMal said:

I could scarcely believe my ears this morning when I received a phone call asking if the Show was still going ahead. :mad_mini:

Mal

Which only goes to prove that railway modelling is such an absorbing pastime that one could lose sight of what's happening in the wider world.

Cliff.