York Show 2020

• RMweb Gold

Is it too late to get Accurascale in for 2020 - Deltics in York seems right to me. 

Extract from their Deltic thread:

Accurascale Fran

RMweb Gold

1,572 posts

LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 11 hours ago (edited)

Hi everyone

Here’s a quick update on the Class 55 Deltic to keep you all up to speed on progress on Accurascale’s first locomotive.

Tooling of the locomotive is continuing but has taken longer than originally anticipated due to the sheer number of detail variations we are doing, which as you know, has not been attempted on the Deltic before! We also made several corrections to the CAD along the way as we want to get it 100% correct. We’re quite fussy like that! The aim was to have the models for the end November, in time for Warley, but we will miss this deadline by a couple of months.

Updated timeline is as follows:

EP Sample due early October

Decorated Samples: Mid November (in time for Warley)

Delivery: Late March 2020. (allowing for Chinese New Year break in early 2020)

We apologise for the slight delay, but as we explained we want to do the definitive Deltic model, and it’s very important we deliver a first-class model that we can be proud of. It must be right, and it must cover the entire history of the class, from construction to modern preservation.

We will of course keep you up to speed with development as it progresses further.

Cheers!

Fran

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Given the two posts above, originally in the 2019 thread and subsequently moved over by the Mods (thank you), it was clearly time this 2020 Show thread was started.

The dates are, as traditional with us, Easter Sat-Sun-Mon (11-13 April 2020)

Prices & times: now set by the Board and will be appearing on the website in the next day or so as I get time to do the updates.

Advance tickets: Scheduled to be available from 1st October 2019 and applications must be received by us no later than 26th March 2020. (Cut off date now confirmed)

E-payments: If you want to avoid payment by cash on the door please use our Advance Ticket system.

Edited by john new
Advance tickets cut off date now confirmed.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Unfortunately two or more of the updates being downloaded by Wordpress this evening appear to have clashed. Working to get the site back live ASAP.

Edit: I reloaded the off-line files and that got the site back up.

Edited by john new

• RMweb Gold

The fault recurred but by dint of tweaking with a reset of parts of it back to the earlier archived status it is again back up after some further downtime albeit with some issues remaining. Too late tonight to trace the fault further.

Layouts - interim list for 2020 live at https://yorkshow.org.uk/layouts/

Also live Prices and times for 2020.

Box Office will open on Tuesday (1 Oct) for Advance Tickets and remain open through to 26th March 2020.

Latest update (Tuesday 13:40hrs) - .The site is back live and some further editing has been completed following the restoration of the archived files earlier today. Thank you for your patience. As for the source of the problem -  by loading them individually the plug-in update that is causing the problem has been provisionally narrowed down to two possibles. Needless to say they are not currently being updated again!

Edited by john new
Changing status and updating situation.
  • Informative/Useful 1

A gentle reminder that the advance  ticket office opens tomorrow. Pretty well set up here and we do try to get tickets in the post the day following receipt of the order. Only please note there is no post collection or delivery here on a Sunday!

Peter

• Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 04/10/2019 at 09:45, Edwardian said:

Glad to see Bridgewater on the roster; pre-Grouping colour is few and far between at mainstream exhibitions these days. 

Always a great show and well support. Dates in the diary!

And without an e - now corrected on the website.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

There is a problem with our website tonight as I am failing to get it to load from my I-pad to check a past layout name. Too late now to check, but will attempt a fix ASAP tomorrow if it is still problematic.

update. The legacy site pages are working, initial guess is it appears to be a recurrence of the same issue we had in September. 

Edited by john new

• RMweb Gold
On 04/10/2019 at 09:45, Edwardian said:

Glad to see Bridgewater on the roster; pre-Grouping colour is few and far between at mainstream exhibitions these days. 

Always a great show and well support. Dates in the diary!

Bridgewater won't be the only pre-group SDJR layout present, we are there with Foxcote

Jerry

983204602_IMG_4103(2).JPG.5491d00dd653dfda3fc08d9200cc4b62.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, john new said:

There is a problem with our website tonight as I am failing to get it to load from my I-pad to check a past layout name. Too late now to check, but will attempt a fix ASAP tomorrow if it is still problematic.

update. The legacy site pages are working, initial guess is it appears to be a recurrence of the same issue we had in September. 

All working again this morning without any fixes necessary - cause of yesterday evening's outage unknown.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Users may be having problems with our website currently, a technical issue at our ISP impacting across most sites they host. Link to latest status updates.

On a general note, some updates for site content have now been received. These will be added to the site over the coming days.

Update Monday 10th - situation has improved but our ISP is still monitoring. The link above to the live status for all 34sp sites will give the latest situation.

Edited by john new
Update information

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Updating to the latest available lists for Demonstrators, Layouts, Societies, and Traders is now complete. with the latest 2020 information.  My apologies for the delay created by clashing workloads.

The Travel pages will be updated nearer the show date; however, visitors should note that the parking on Saturday will be on a different part of the site than previously. Although the detailed bus timetable has yet to be formally confirmed to us the 197 service is expected to run this year on all three days.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

After all this time, my son and his other half have decided that Easter is a good time to bring our first granddaughter to see us, so I shall not be coming to the show after all. Not complaining, really looking to seeing the young end of the family........

Hello

On the list of layouts we appear to have a lack of information about Fenchurch St Peter. The layout is built by George Woodcock and John Norton, it is 4mm, it is set in1967 and the location  is Fenland Eastern Region.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, George Woodcock said:

Hello

On the list of layouts we appear to have a lack of information about Fenchurch St Peter. The layout is built by George Woodcock and John Norton, it is 4mm, it is set in1967 and the location  is Fenland Eastern Region.

Cheers

George

Edit completed with the above. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 25/02/2020 at 19:00, George Woodcock said:

Hello

Cheers

George

Further to the above, I now  have the data for the  gaps on the demonstrators page. May be a day or two to update this as I’m working on the current SLS Journal,

• Like 1