Irish railway modeller forum outage?

I was wondering about the Irish railway modeller forum, I've found it a very useful reference, but seems to not be working anymore..?

it won't load and times out, wonder if anyone here knows what's occurring ?

I know it's a different forum, but should think a few on here are on there also, and be a shame for us folk into Irish stuff if it died !

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Only noticed this thread now. Forum is indeed down a few days now and we are very sorry about the outage. We have been doing a lot of background work on it and it will be fully back up to speed on Monday.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 18/07/2019 at 10:04, Porkscratching said:

Could perhaps someone who does Facebook ( I don't and won't have anything to do with it ) ..go on there and ask what the score is, and post back here with any news ?

If you "don't do Facebook" why do you expect others to do so?

You have identified one benefit of Facebook. If you want that benefits join Facebook to enjoy that benefit.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Colin_McLeod said:

If you "don't do Facebook" why do you expect others to do so?

You have identified one benefit of Facebook. If you want that benefits join Facebook to enjoy that benefit.

Calm down, I thought we all helped each other...if someone asked a question about which I could answer or help in any way , I would happily do so.. without being sanctimonious about it.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry if my post upset you but there was nothing sanctimonious about it. 

Well no more sanctimonious than those who "don't do Facebook"  and "don't and won't have anything to do with it" as if it were somehow beneath them, yet still wanted information from that source.

Hopefully you can see where I was coming from.

Regards, Colin

Edited by Colin_McLeod

My initial take on your remarks, was that It just seemed most odd that you would bring back a thread that's purpose is long expired and done with, just to basically have a  rather bitchy "pop" at me ! 

Facebook  I don't think of as 'beneath me' ...

As an old bloke it's not part of my life, and it's something that really doesn't appeal to me at all, so I simply choose not to participate in it.

..others find it indispensable to their lives and good luck if that is their choice, each to their own.

Much of the trouble with online 'conversation' is that the written word doesn't convey any of the nuance and subtlety of a spoken conversation, and it's so very easy for folk to 'fall out' whereas they wouldn't even think of it in a 'real life' discourse.

No doubt if we'd mentioned Facebook whilst chatting over a pint we'd have simply laughed and carried on the conversation in good spirits!

Anyway should I run into you in the real  world any point Colin, the first round's on me....!

ps. nice JRT...:good_mini:

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1