Cooper Craft to be at Railwells?

polybear

On 24/07/2019 at 11:32, 1whitemoor said:

Is nowhere on this forum free from the tiresome quipping about DJ Models? You'd be forgiven for thinking this thread was about Cooper Craft appearing at Railwells. 

Paul A. 

No

Next question ...

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
On 23/07/2019 at 17:04, truffy said:

They can their own little corner to themselves, "The Sin Bin"

No, they'll be in the corridor of uncertainty.

Sorry. Too much cricket today.

And if you know the Town Hall, you know where that is.

• Funny 1

6 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Then ignore all his reasonable requests for payment.

I would not condone shoplifting, but if he owed me £30 for years I would have no problem selecting £30 worth of stuff from his stand, then telling him to use the money he owes me to pay for it as I walk off.  Suggest bringing some proof with you that he owes money in case he calls security.

There was a shop near our school notorious for short changing. My mate used to tot it up in his head and then put a creme egg in his pocket when his running total got to 30p. I couldnt do it myself, but I could see his point...

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, brack said:

There was a shop near our school notorious for short changing. My mate used to tot it up in his head and then put a creme egg in his pocket when his running total got to 30p. I couldnt do it myself, but I could see his point...

The shop was short-changing all the schoolkids to make up for all the shoplifting....:jester:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, melmerby said:

The show's been and gone.......................Did he turn up?

Yeah he was there Keith. A lot of second hand 4mm wagons for sale, some Blacksmiths etches and odd Cooper Craft wagon bodies. 

Regards,

Nick

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Brinkly said:

A lot of second hand 4mm wagons for sale....

He was SELLING those?  I thought they were samples of kits in the range and the reason many were in such a state was cos' they'd been on the exhibition circuit for years.  He would've done better to shoot them out of kindness.

As for the rest, I'd say he was just flogging off what remains of stuff he inherited. I very much doubt there was any new manufacture stuff there.  Maybe he was trying to raise a bit of cash to pay off his debts?

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

11 hours ago, Brinkly said:

Yeah he was there Keith. A lot of second hand 4mm wagons for sale, some Blacksmiths etches and odd Cooper Craft wagon bodies. 

Regards,

Nick

And, thanks to @Joseph_Pestell of this parish, I managed to get the one Blacksmiths' etch that I really needed! :good_mini:

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Brinkly said:

Regards,

Nick

So not much of a display then.

I've just been completing some Cooper Craft wagon kits bought* and started 40 years ago or so and they have turned out quite well.

I would have been up for some more but I don't think I'll bother.

*between 97p & £1.20 at Bobs Model in Small Heath.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 16/08/2019 at 22:23, melmerby said:

The show's been and gone.......................Did he turn up?

And, as usual, they put his stand in the corridor that leads to the Indictment Room. Is someone trying to tell us something?

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

And, as usual, they put his stand in the corridor that leads to the Indictment Room. Is someone trying to tell us something?

Maybe none of the other traders wanted to be seen in the same room as him.....

On 25/07/2019 at 11:52, Colin_McLeod said:

Then ignore all his reasonable requests for payment.

I would not condone shoplifting, but if he owed me £30 for years I would have no problem selecting £30 worth of stuff from his stand, then telling him to use the money he owes me to pay for it as I walk off.  Suggest bringing some proof with you that he owes money in case he calls security.

We did similar recently at  shop in North Norfolk  .A shop assistant short changed my wife  by a fiver .When she mentioned it the shop girl said she was harassing her .The manager refused to count the till claiming the computer was down .In the end in front of the whole shop I took a fivers worth of stock loudly and prominently  and told him to call the two speed cops parked a few yards away having their lunch .He didnt.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

To get back onto the general topic, and apologies for being so far behind, but I have been away for the last 6months.
Was anything said about his injection moulding starting up again.
if I rememeber correctly, there was supposedly some action on this front and am just wondering if it was all hot air or if there is something "actually" happening?

Khris

I know he receives a lot of flack everywhere but he did buy the new machine but apparently you can't get the exact one for the moulds so it needs fettling (bodging) if I read between the line right he spends six days a week as a carer and his one day off working at Williton working on the autocoach their

I always get the impression the intentions are good but woefully lacking resources 

the models on the display were his own collection for sale as he has come to realise he will never have the time to build his own layout

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

He has my sympathies to a certain extent but surely he could give up just one day at the autocoach to send out refunds.

Agreed - if you want to run a business and take people's money, then devote the necessary time to doing so.  If not, shut it down and consider selling the rights/tooling to someone with the necessary time and skills to run the business.

• Like 1
  • Agree 9

39 minutes ago, polybear said:

Agreed - if you want to run a business and take people's money, then devote the necessary time to doing so.  If not, shut it down and consider selling the rights/tooling to someone with the necessary time and skills to run the business.

Exactly - I'm afraid that more than one range of invaluable (to the active modeller) range of kits and bits lies moribund, because the owners have neither the time / skills / inclination to put them back into production.

These ranges are worth nothing to the owners when not used; yet could perhaps command a modest sale price?

Failing that - why not offer the assets to anyone who can demonstrate the ability to use them?

A terrible waste of all the work that went into establishing these ranges.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 2
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, cctransuk said:

Exactly - I'm afraid that more than one range of invaluable (to the active modeller) range of kits and bits lies moribund, because the owners have neither the time / skills / inclination to put them back into production.

These ranges are worth nothing to the owners when not used; yet could perhaps command a modest sale price?

Failing that - why not offer the assets to anyone who can demonstrate the ability to use them?

A terrible waste of all the work that went into establishing these ranges.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Or even contract out production, so getting some value out of the tooling.

There must be companies out there willing to take it on.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/09/2019 at 07:52, DavidH said:

If he works six days a week as a carer, and one at the autocoach, how does/did he have time to go to exhibitions?

Well just once a year he has a day off to work at selling coopercraft remains, don't know of any other days out he has pretty  sure it's the only show he does

On 30/09/2019 at 09:47, melmerby said:

On the eighth day.........:)

And he said: Behold what I have done
I've made a better world for everyone
Nobody laugh, nobody cry

hazel o Conner 

well the nobody laugh bit of this song might be right

but the nobody cry ??????

Edited by Graham456
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1