87 scale die cast truck kits

class1cr0cker

Hello members,

Has anybody ordered any kits from 87thscale from Peter Young kits web address 87thscale.info as i would like to order some truck kits if Peter is still going now that roadscale transport images kits are no longer in existence. Every time i try to email this address it keeps saying its wrong.I wondered if any members has ordered any models from Peter Young.

Thank you members if any can help.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, Peter Young stopped producing his kits around 20 years ago. They were made in Australia, and were whitemetal models of (mainly) British prototypes. Initially produced in 1/87 scale, then in 1/76, there was an extensive range of them including Commer, Bedford, Foden etc. They were very similar in concept and detail to the models by Canterbury Commercials from around the same period, although there was no copying between the two. Quite difficult to find nowadays, as they were only available for a short period through an agent (G&L Billingham) in the UK, and delivery could take several months. Shown here are two models built in the mid-nineties using Peter Young cabs. Quite a bit of cleaning up was necessary on some of the castings.

beauvale_commer.JPG

birds eye dodge.JPG

• Like 4

If you are looking for HO scale British lorries, have you considered some of the old Matchbox Toys as a starting point? Although I haven't actually measured them up, the Thornycroft Mobilgas Tanker, Thames Trader (compressor lorry/breakdown truck/articulated cattle transporter), Bedford TK (tipper/articulated "York" boxvan), Dodge K (cattle transporter/stake truck) and Leyland Ergomatic (flat truck with site cabin/pipe truck), and possibly others, may be worth looking at.

• Agree 1

The Matchbox 3b Bedford TK tipper, 4d (UK) Dodge K stake truck and 70b Ford grit spreader were all near H0 scale models as was the more exotic (for 1960s) 1e Mercedes. The 25c BP tanker used the same TK cab as 3b. The Major series TK with York trailer was near 00, while the Ergo cabs were smaller, not quite TT3, but close to.

Edited by BernardTPM
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

RTI are 1/76 scale, the OP was asking about H0 scale.

He did mention them being no longer available, merely stating they are available

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, fodenway said:

If you are looking for HO scale British lorries, have you considered some of the old Matchbox Toys as a starting point? Although I haven't actually measured them up, the Thornycroft Mobilgas Tanker, Thames Trader (compressor lorry/breakdown truck/articulated cattle transporter), Bedford TK (tipper/articulated "York" boxvan), Dodge K (cattle transporter/stake truck) and Leyland Ergomatic (flat truck with site cabin/pipe truck), and possibly others, may be worth looking at.

5 hours ago, BernardTPM said:

The Matchbox 3b Bedford TK tipper, 4d (UK) Dodge K stake truck and 70b Ford grit spreader were all near H0 scale models as was the more exotic (for 1960s) 1e Mercedes. The 25c BP tanker used the same TK cab as 3b. The Major series TK with York trailer was near 00, while the Ergo cabs were smaller, not quite TT3, but close to.

Not forgetting the Karrier dustcart and Corona delivery truck.