Scotrail Inter7city Power Cars

JohnC

Just looking at the latest examples on Hattons website and noticed that the painted example they are showing for the forthcoming Scotrail HST Power Cars is incorrect.

The example shown does not have the exhaust cowl that is on the FGW Power Cars and these have not been removed on transfer and refurbishment. Roof profile should be the same as the profile on Old Oak Legends Power Cars.

john

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Just looking at the latest examples on Hattons website and noticed that the painted example they are showing for the forthcoming Scotrail HST Power Cars is incorrect.

The example shown does not have the exhaust cowl that is on the FGW Power Cars and these have not been removed on transfer and refurbishment. Roof profile should be the same as the profile on Old Oak Legends Power Cars.

john

They are pre-production models, probably livery samples, so best wait until there are photos of the actual production models before saying they are incorrect

I'd be more worried by the lack of wheels.....:D

Edited by JiLo

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

john

The cowl you refer to is a separately fitted part. Since this is a pre-production sample just to check the livery and livery alone, the correct tooling combinations might not be used.

Also if you think there may be an issue with something from the likes of Hornby and so on, it's best you contact them directly and inform them about the issue. 

Though there are atleast 2 know Hornby reps on this forum. There's no guarantee that they'll see your post.

Always better to take up the issue with the source (Hornby) and not a 3rd party (RMweb).

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1

• 4 weeks later...

Received my pair yesterday.  I thought the 'city' printing was slightly misaligned and wasn't quite level.  Not enough to send it back, just something which caught my eye.  The shade of grey is very unusual, a little richer than in the images above

2 hours ago, Ouroborus said:

thanks for these.  The "CITY" in your second picture has the very slight misalignment that mine has.  A very slight anticlockwise rotation to it.  Not something to worry too much about

Honestly didn't even notice it, but then no issue for me though.

Chris

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, Ouroborus said:

thanks for these.  The "CITY" in your second picture has the very slight misalignment that mine has.  A very slight anticlockwise rotation to it.  Not something to worry too much about

8 hours ago, Chris89 said:

Honestly didn't even notice it, but then no issue for me though.

Chris

Now that you mention it....

However even if it does bother someone, the base livery in that area isn't complex, quite easy to fix if one has decals or has the ability to make decals.

• Agree 1

On 20/08/2019 at 17:39, andyram said:

We still have the class 43 set and the Scot Rail coaches in stock at present:

www.a2bmodelrailways.co.uk

Thanks for the tip Andy! I was happy to find the Scotrail BSO in your shop. :good_mini: It seems that it is sold out everywhere else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fluo66 said:

Thanks for the tip Andy! I was happy to find the Scotrail BSO in your shop. :good_mini: It seems that it is sold out everywhere else.

Hi

Yes the order has been received. I will sort the order out today for you.

Andy

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ouroborus said:

Received my pair yesterday.  I thought the 'city' printing was slightly misaligned and wasn't quite level.  Not enough to send it back, just something which caught my eye.  The shade of grey is very unusual, a little richer than in the images above

I have to agree, I received my pair last night and while the printing is excellent, that grey is a little too dark in my opinion. 

Hi everyone,

I just picked up my rake of 6 Scotrail MK2’s from Rainbow Railways last night. Hornby have done a superb job on them and at a good price too. They have coaches if anyone is after them.

The HST is very tempting too.

thanks

Mark

• Agree 1

Just received mine, very detailed but a couple of things have left me disappointed.

• The lights are very dark so when they are not lit the lenses just look too dark and blend into the front dark blue whereas the real one has light grey inserts behind the lenses giving them some proper contrast.
  • The roof is a very shiny black, like a record vinyl. The real one is very matt and slightly greyer.

It also has the twin fans from the Brush Cooling System poking through the grills for the Voith cooler that are fitted to FGW/GWR power cars, not the single bigger fan.

The rest of the model is very nice though, just a bit underwhelmed with the lack of accuracy on very obvious things.

Edit: below is a comparison highlighting both problems. Going back to Hornby as it's too much modification work to do on a new model.

Hornby Scotrail HST.jpg

Edited by falken_gt4
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1