Auhagen ho Schmidt Strasse

71ceQmc-E4L._SL1454_.jpg.jpeg.03d5ceeb33da8ab4b0ab33b6b29a95e5.jpeg

Has anyone any experience of these kits. I want to use several of them to knock together an approximation of Birmingham's Grand Hotel. However although I've used ho kits in my layout before some of them are more TT than HO. this makes them far too small. Whereas some you can get away with. I'll need four kits and so don't want to spend over £100 to find they are too small.

if anyone has any photos of them against any OO buildings or people or has a inbuilt or even a built example which is surplus to requirements it would BE much appreciated

Thanks guys

Auhagen kits are very good, go together great.  For scaling against 4mm buildings, you'll get away with it as long as they arent placed too close, the only tell tale sign with be the door way heights/widths.  Use HO figures if you are planning on having any in close proximity

Edited by JiLo

• RMweb Premium

I have built this very kit. It is quite a good kit to build; however sometimes I find Auhagen kits don't fit together 100%, so some fettling is required...especially on this one where you have the fascias, which need to match on the corner angles.  

IMG_20190208_215432.jpg.8df36748a459c0ddc06d7831bd352acb.jpg

This is a H0 layout, but if you are happy to wait until Friday (when I am next at the club), I can do some comparisons between this and some 00.

• Like 3

Thanks guys and Claude that would be great if you could.

I haven't tried auhagen before. I've found vollmer to be way too small. Most faller I can get away with. Kibri are hit and miss. Some are great whilst others are again too small. 

Doors, I know are a problem and my plan with these is to create a whole new ground floor of shops. The original ground floor will then become the models first floor with doorways closed up and made into Windows.

• RMweb Premium

Okay, so I managed to get a coupel of photos of these structures last night, but sadly (despite having a large 00 contingent in the club) I did not have an ideal comparison to make. however there are a coupel of comparisons for you.

Cars.jpg.641a2b13cc87a1d8a4e71a7ce38bbeac.jpg

The first picture has a couple of old Lesney Vauxhall Crestas from our kits box. According to the web, these are actually 1/78 scale, so not exactly 00, and being of an age are quite crude. It does, however, show a close approximation of 00 (albeit a fraction smaller) and that the building is a little small.

1234921142_Comparison1.jpg.c14854c621662d6da0b5898945e4d551.jpg

Comparisons are tricky as the structure is fixed down - however I managed to compare against an old UK outline cardboard kit. The UK model is a three-story; however you can see that the windows and doorways are notification larger on the UK kit. 

Not sure how much help this is to you.

• Like 1