Modelmaster transfers

I put a order in mid may for some Bus Decals. In the past I've got them with in 2 week's. i've phoned him 3 time's in the last month . !'st time he told me out of stock till october  OK i will have a refund.  Did not get a refund , phoned a second time as i have not got a refund can i change my order then yes so told him what i wanted. No decals turned up Phoned him the 3rd time on monday to see what was go'ing on . i will post them this week I'm still waiting.  It's now over 2 months .

• RMweb Premium

In my experience, a very shambolic trader who seems unable to make his mind up what he is doing with often conflicting messages on discounts (he scrapped discounting and special offers only for them to return a few days later) and mixed messages on what exactly he does or does not stock.

I've given up using them.

Edit - Out of curiosity I just tried to visit their website and its down!  You couldn't make it up...

Edited by John M Upton

• RMweb Gold

BY contrast, I've never had any problems with orders from ModelMaster - my last set of transfers arrived within a few days of ordering the other week. I've made another order, so we will see. 

Perhaps if the decals required are less common, a check of stock levels before ordering maybe in order?

• Agree 2

Decals (not available from anyone else) ordered in the middle of last week, card charged instantly, no sign of the product yet. I suspect that it's shambolic rather than evil, though still not really the way things ought to be done. But then the proprietor seems to have his hands too full to get properly organised, and can't afford to bring in help.

I usually phone them up - check the transfers are in stock, order and pay - all in one call. Yes the discount offers can be a bit vague, and the transfers don't arrive instantly, but I've never had any not arrive.

I had an email yesterday informing me that they were changing the service provider for the website, and it would be unavailable for a couple of days. I appreciate that's not much help if you're not on their mailing list.

Just my own personal experience.

Les

Thank's guy's .  Yes i payed with paypale.  When i put my order in the web site said all in stock that's why i put the order in.  I've only got a email to say i've payed.  The worst thing is i wanted them to use before we go to the Exhibition in a few week's time.  I've have told him this his reply was no problem.  Agree in  the past i've got them with in 2 weeks with no problems. 

update last night i got on to Paypale . First thing today i got a phone call from Modelmaster. Told me he did not receive the payment from Paypale got lost in the system so he had no record .  Don't under stand as i have spoken to him 3 times on the phone about my order. He also told me this is not the first time in the past year this has happened.  He will put them in the  post  today.  We will see if they turn up this week

Edited by crompton 33

Having seen the various comments above I was a little concerned about placing an order with the company. However I must give Modelmaster 5 stars as having placed an order late on Tuesday afternoon, they arrived in this mornings post.

I did telephone the company on Tuesday prior to placing my order and the person I spoke to (owner?) was very helpful and knowledgeable. He was clearly of my "vintage years", as he spoke of his days living in Glasgow over looking the steam train operations in the station.

Paul

• RMweb Premium

I had something happen with paypal and Modelmaster a couple of years ago: after I paid by paypal I didn't realise I had to hit "return to merchant" (or words to that effect) at the end of the paypal process; unlike with other traders (Eileen's Emporium being an example), with Modelmaster you have to return to his website and confirm the order (finishing the paypal process doesn't, apparently, count as a confirmation of your order).  MM and I finally worked out that this was the problem - paypal had taken my money but not given it to MM. Once that was sorted the service was the usual 2 weeks. 

Might have been a similar problem with the OP? 

Edited by Daddyman
  • Informative/Useful 1