Another Rhb layout

Foulounoux

After having to give up on my impression of Ipswich when we moved house 7years ago I needed to find something more manageable

Having had a Bemo starter set there was an obvious option and the web was searched for ideas

On gleisplan.ch a few years ago was a 8*3 layout comprising a terminus with a line looping down to hidden siding

The 8*3 was too big for the space I had and I played with the terminus plan to see if I could accommodate in a smaller space

Two 4*1 Tim Horn scenic boards provide the basis

The concept is that the viewer is stood on the platform serving the loop so avoiding the need for station buildings

IMG_20190720_180236.jpg

IMG_20190720_181513.jpg

• RMweb Gold

What era are you representing? Reichenau has it similar to yours but it’s one of the new era rebuilds so limits you to modern train formations that’s all. If you are modelling now it’s good but as you mentioned the starter set I guess you probably have some older stock that might not be seen in the rebuild era ;) 

On a hopefully helpful pedantic note the goods loop tends to be further from the passenger line on pre 2000’s layouts ;) There’s usually a platform between them and I can’t think of anywhere you crossed two tracks to get to a platform except in the modern era where rebuilt stations have subways.

There was a standard design and even larger stations like Bever have that separation. 

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Paul

Its a bit freelance as an easy to set up layout

The original plan I recall only having one platform and all the lines pretty close to each other 

And to upset the pedants even more I will probably end up with Bernina stock also on the layout

in an ideal world I'd do Morges with an impression of the BAM line . Any line that has Biere and Apples in its title has to be good. Morges is where our HQ was based until we moved it to Budapest 

oh oh and of course a BR late 70's Eastern region layout 

So this one is something achievable in a relatively short time 

One question to be answered is DC  or DCC both the loco and railcar I have are DC but ideally I would like to be DCC 

• Like 1