Interfrigo Ferry Van

grahame

I've made some progress on my model although there is a lot to do:

DSC_8990.JPG.62bca43fc8f076b21e223a63dc9be2be.JPG

However, I appreciate that this is a 'prototype' thread so I'll continue any modelling posts on my modelling thread here: https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/115057-scratch-built-card-and-styrene-structures-based-on-real-buildings/page/53/#comments and leave this thread for discussion about the prototype.

G

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

• 1 month later...
On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 19:25, davefreight said:

According to TOPS they were carrying "milk products" from the Continent to Buxton Freight Depot.

I'm wondering if this would be for the cheese factory at Hartington?

• 2 months later...
On 21/07/2019 at 20:14, 47137 said:

I have some models of these wagons by ACME in H0 scale. I could take some measurements or try for some better pics if this will help.

- Richard.

DSCF9524.jpg.97801b60476bd6eed5f0adb08821463d.jpg

DSCF9526.jpg.aa3275b5083d8f6add265ca231e39b65.jpg

Hi Richard are you running these with 00 stock. Been looking at these myself, how do they compare to a 00 van, much difference 

Andy 

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, pinzaboy said:

I would also be very interested to know how they measure up to an OO van. I really like the look of them.

Thanks

Tim

These would be about 12% smaller in each linear dimension than an 00 van, if an 00 model existed. Maybe there are some kits? I suppose, the selection of Continental ferry vans available RTR is a modest advantage of H0 of 00 for particular layouts.

You can run British outline H0 trains on an 00 layout with a bearable aesthetic as long as you remove every 00 train from view - they clash.

- Richard.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I have a pair of the Acme Interfrigo HO vans which I am hoping to use on my British OO scale layout. Have attached a photo showing the height compared to a Bachmann grain wagon. The buffer height is what I notice the most, as it is obviously lower. I did try to replace the wheels with larger diameter ones to raise the wagon, though the brake gear fouled these. They are highly detailed wagons and run beautifully. I'm hoping to build an east Anglian layout and have these being unloaded into a waiting DAF truck like in Kevin Redwood's Flickr image.

Unloading peaches

Screenshot_20220103-173316_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Davjones said:

Hi

I have a pair of the Acme Interfrigo HO vans which I am hoping to use on my British OO scale layout. Have attached a photo showing the height compared to a Bachmann grain wagon. The buffer height is what I notice the most, as it is obviously lower. I did try to replace the wheels with larger diameter ones to raise the wagon, though the brake gear fouled these. They are highly detailed wagons and run beautifully. I'm hoping to build an east Anglian layout and have these being unloaded into a waiting DAF truck like in Kevin Redwood's Flickr image.

Unloading peaches

Screenshot_20220103-173316_Gallery.jpg

Sorry, forgot to add that the wagon shown is from Acme set 45059 and does not have the anchor symbol. I think Acme make both the European and ferry stock. I figured that as these were not built to a UK loading gauge, they'd look better with OO stock.

Best wishes

David

Tauranga, NZ

20220103_180850.jpg

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Here is mine. It is the only bit of HO stock I have. It often sits by itself in the yard. It looks just about OK if you position it in the right place in the train.

(for example next to low wagon or next to the low end of of VTG telescopic steel carrier)

20211029_161424.jpg.b5a31b6e8c5e91646df729ac381d613a.jpg

I have a bit of a thing for ferry vans, as I used to wait for the daily 47 hauled service out of Dover at Faversham in 1980. And, as had been mentioned, there are not many produced in OO.

What I would give for Interfrigo and Transfersea vans in OO. But perhaps they are two niche for the likes of Bachmann to produce.

Cheers

Steve

• Like 2