Güterverkehr der Rhätischen Bahn

Glorious NSE

There's a couple of nice video's appeared on YouTube over the last few days, they seem to be a nice coverage of some of the big RhB freight flows circa 2003, includes footage from inside the terminals.

Part 1 covers Valser Water traffic, then the Coop and PTT containers, and finishes up with a little bit on gravel.

Edited by Glorious NSE
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I've not watched Part 2 yet, but from the description it may feel a little more dated than the first (though might be more useful than the first to historical fans!) - covers the cement traffic to Sedrun, plus livestock traffic, both of which have since ceased.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Ah James Stapfer’s videos! Excellent detail and there are about 20 on dvd. I’ve got five, covering the freight workings etc after being put in contact a few years ago. If he’s uploading to YouTube now that’s a superb resource! :) 

Edited by PaulRhB
Clarifying punctuation!

16 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Ah James Stapfer’s videos! Excellent detail and there are about 20 on dvd. I’ve got five covering the freight workings after being put in contact a few years ago. If he’s uploading to YouTube now that’s a superb resource! :) 

Thanks Paul, good to know there's more.

Just those two freight ones there so far, but as they have only gone on recently I'll keep an eye for any more going up.

Thanks, most previous videos on the feed are model related, though there's some nice heritage fleet stuff if you go back far enough.

Did he never release part 3 of the freight vids? One is referenced in the credits to part 2.

Edited by Glorious NSE

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, Glorious NSE said:

Did he never release part 3 of the freight vids? One is referenced in the credits to part 2.

Not that I know of, he said he’d let me know and the subsequent list I posted was the last I heard. 

I thought they were well worth the money and he did us a good deal as we bought quite a few between our group. I watched the Valser bit only a few months back preparing ideas for the Nm9. 

Other good videos for consist reference are the Reos ones, no commentary though,  although they seem to be getting harder to find. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Glorious NSE said:

Yes you've probably seen the shot at the end of the second vid by now as they finish unloading.....ewwww!

Yup! Getting a few hundred kilos of reluctant steak in and out of a wagon was definitely an entertaining, if messy, thing to watch.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 25/07/2019 at 13:21, Glorious NSE said:

Yes you've probably seen the shot at the end of the second vid by now as they finish unloading.....ewwww!

And the funny thing is that one class of van being used was clearly marked NOT to be used for cattle!

The wagons were clearly on their last days...

Cheers NB

• Like 1