Looking for plans/photos of Station Building & Signal Boxes at Kittybrewster

G&A Track

Hi everyone,

I’m currently with my brother building “OO” layout of Aberdeen north line during 1950 / 1960’s. Have been searching for a while for detailed info of Station Building and Signal Box (North / South) at Kittybrewster to enable us to scratch build these items. Can anyone help with plans/drawings/decent photos or point us in right direction to find good details for each to construct. Look forward to hear from modellers out there. Thanks, Alastair

• 1 month later...

@G&A Track - how is the research going? For a large railway location, Kittybrewster seems relatively short on photography.  The Great North of Scotland Railway Society have a string of published books that are very good

It's also worth looking for back issues of magazines like "Steam Days" which often feature very detailed articles on specific locations. I found one that had an amazing article on the Aberdeen Harbour Railway, which has a strong connection with Kittybrewster (the small steam locos that worked the docks were all allocated to Kittybrewster)

I did see there is a copy of "Steam Days" Magazine, December 2007 Issue that features Kittybrewster shed ..

Edited by brylonscamel