Hornby B1 question

spikey

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, spikey said:

Can somebody please tell me if there's any difference between B1 R2999 (un-named, running number 61138) and the current B1 R3451 ("Stembok")?

Without looking through any reference material - check the smoke-box doors, as they do vary..

• Thanks 1

Thanks gents, but I should have made it clear that I'm talking about differences between the models, in the sense of the mechanisms, pickups or whatever, not details.  Specifically, any difference that could affect the running qualities.

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, G567281 said:

Likely the tender rear coal plate, but I haven’t checked 61138.

61138's tender rear coal plate is in the 'rear' (original) position:

P1010287.jpg.753ab61d458ebf85fdbb4e032de02eac.jpg

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

On 24/07/2019 at 16:33, spikey said:

Thanks gents, but I should have made it clear that I'm talking about differences between the models, in the sense of the mechanisms, pickups or whatever, not details.  Specifically, any difference that could affect the running qualities.

They'd be no different, in my relatively modest experience...   having owned several early and later production versions.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 24/07/2019 at 04:47, spikey said:

Can somebody please tell me if there's any difference between B1 R2999 (un-named, running number 61138) and the current B1 R3451 ("Stembok")?

Simple answer, there is no mechanical difference. They are both the new super detailed version. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...