Transport Secretary

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, jim.snowdon said:

The first requirement for any aspiring Cabinet minister under the new PM is the ability to say "Yes, Mr. Johnson" in response to any question. Competence and understanding of the subject is incidental.

Jim 

I think that's part of the job description of being an MP. Ability to do it is not a consideration.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

Strange times - I don't know whether to laugh or cry !!!

Anyway, next to nowt will happen here ooooop north (railway wise), it's all appenin down i' Lonnun. !!

Brit15

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

You have to love the irony of a serial conspirator who worked tirelessly to bring down Theresa May appointing a cabinet of yes people who will be expected to do as they are told. 

• Agree 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

You have to love the irony of a serial conspirator who worked tirelessly to bring down Theresa May appointing a cabinet of yes people who will be expected to do as they are told. 

Bit short sighted to put everyone who might disagree with you out of the cabinet too - ministers are expected to tow the line unless they resign. Backbenchers have a freer hand.

Especially when your majority is wafer thin.

Edited by brack
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

44 minutes ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

No. Even with Sinn Fein not turning up he still needs at least 10 outsiders and all of his own party onside to win any vote.

I thought he had a notional majority of 1 or 2, if the DUP went with him, never mind adding the 7 Sinn Feiners, who don't take their seats. Remember that Labour have an MP suspended, and also half a dozen or so refuseniks.

• RMweb Gold

Mind you in Denmark we once elected an MP who promised tail winds for cyclists. But at least he had a chance of delivering it.  As one of my less informed colleagues asked me today."what do you think of Boris Jeltsin becoming PM"?... if only that were true.

Edited by Vistisen
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, 62613 said:

I thought he had a notional majority of 1 or 2, if the DUP went with him, never mind adding the 7 Sinn Feiners, who don't take their seats. Remember that Labour have an MP suspended, and also half a dozen or so refuseniks.

According to the Parliament website there are 311 under the Conservative whip out of a total of 650 seats.

• Informative/Useful 1