caledonian single bogie gap

ef57

As I peruse the mentions (hardly discussions; most are just using the chassis for a model of something else) of the above-mentioned Triang, then Hornby product (which, I must admit, in its latest iteration runs quite well), I am amazed that no-one has addressed the problem of the huge, indeed laughable, gap between the 4-2-2’s bogie and the frame in the model.  Daylight under the boiler is one thing, but this ...!  Why no protests, while a tiny wrong angle in the Oxfordrail Dean goods leads to hysterical crusades? 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ef57 said:

As I peruse the mentions (hardly discussions; most are just using the chassis for a model of something else) of the above-mentioned Triang, then Hornby product (which, I must admit, in its latest iteration runs quite well), I am amazed that no-one has addressed the problem of the huge, indeed laughable, gap between the 4-2-2’s bogie and the frame in the model.  Daylight under the boiler is one thing, but this ...!  Why no protests, while a tiny wrong angle in the Oxfordrail Dean goods leads to hysterical crusades? 

One of the members here (Kingfisher24) did modify the Hornby Single in it's latest form (i.e. the version with the more intricate CR livery) in a bid to make it a bit more lifelike. This included modifying the bogie and shortening the running plate.

Found some pictures here:

His gallery is well worth looking at if you're interested in Scottish steam, some truly inspirational RTR/kit bashing and scratchbuilding work on show.

Edited by Bon Accord